1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets notes : Hayes wants to stop Cavs' dancing fever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nicolas, Dec 9, 2009.

1. nicolas

nicolas Member

Source

Just to hype up the game :)

2. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

The only time I wish Artest is still here is when we face the cavs. His bulk is more effective at guarding James.

3. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Actually, as I remember it, Battier was *definitely* more effective at guarding LeBron than Artest.

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Battier was definitely better. Don't you remember Ron's comments of, "LeBron reminds me of a young Ron Artest?" Artest wasn't looking too spry against Mini-Me that night. It was the first game where we started to question whether Artest was still an elite defender.

5. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

All I know is we gave him one of the worst games of his career. If he dances on us I say we bring Dorsey in to sit on him.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the cavs game in houston last year was a defensive masterpiece put together by Coach Turner.

the biggest thing that stood out from that game was that it was the first (and possibly only time) LeBron did not have an assist in a game.

granted that teammates need to make shots to get assists but he was forcing bad passes, teammates were closed out on and he tried to go 1 on 1 too often.

without Yao tonight though its a whole different story

7. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Lebron is well on his way to becoming a douche on the court.

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

We prevented LeBron from getting assists by closing down the lane to him. We can still do that again, it'll just be more difficult without the pillar of Yao Ming sitting there. I think giving him different looks with Ariza and Battier will be key in slowing him down (you can't stop him). Like Battier has said, making him a jump shooter is really the best you can hope for.

I just hope Ariza doesn't go for the steal too often when guarding LeBron. He will torch us if he does.

9. ibm

ibm Member

your captains speaking. me likes it.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I have a hard time seeing that happen as we are a run on every play possible team and struggle making plays in the half court. That's like taking away OUR biggest weapon.

It's going to be much harder to control LeBron now that we lost Yao but I think we've gotten longer and more athletic enough to where we can stay in front of him on D and not let him get easy dunks/layups.

11. Dream Shake 81

AHAHAhahahHAHA ! LOL!
    Good stuff man. He has been practicing "sitting" on the bench. Thats why the Rox sent him to the D-league. I think he broke his chair. Ha vent you noticed we are always short one chair.. our bench seems so crammed together??

- i may be taking this too far.

12. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

I'm pretty sure he's already reached that point.

13. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Truth

14. Serg300

Serg300 Member

Battier is talking about making it a half court game for James and keeping him contained so he doesn't beat you on the transition for easy buckets.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I wish the paper would stop publishing Battier's tactics on the top scorers... this just helps them go by him. Notice how Kobe adjusted his game over the summer in response.

16. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

He's not saying we stop running on offense. He's saying on defense, we need to prevent them from running. They are not mutually exclusive.

17. Artestsuckskobe

I wanna see if the man chuck hayes can do somethin on lebron....

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The book on LeBron is widely known -- make him shoot jumpers.

19. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I didnt watch the game, what was this dancing business?

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

That wouldn't be wise... exactly who do you want guarding Shaq or Big Z in that instance?