1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I wouldn't mind Taj Gibson. He has a nice mid range jumper and is one of the best big guy defenders in the league.

2. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I'd Taj as a starter and Dunleavy off the bench for sure.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Taj? I would guess Toronto should be interested.
    Taj for Ross?

4. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

We need to trade Brewer, jones, Dmo/smith for just money. We have to many PF we try to rotate

I wish we would stick with Beasley and smith and maybe have Dmo back up Capella

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Malakas what's the deal with Monroe?

I know there where rumors Rockets where interested in a Howard for Monroe swap. Do the Bucks want to keep him? What do you think his value is?

If the Rockets want to maintain cap flexibility for next summer, Monroe would seem like a solid get. Skilled PnR big, little mid range jumper, good rebounder, shouldn't cost much and expires next off season, right?

6. malakas

malakas Member

They are looking to trade him but because of Falk and bcause they just drafted a player in the second round that has also Falk as his agent it won't be to a team like BKN for example, but a team Monroe would like or at least be alright with.
    They are also looking for some kind of value back. They will just wait for the best FAs to be off the market and then trade him to a team that has $ but couldnt' find anyone to sign.

He doesn't expire he has a PO. Which most certainly will take unless he gets injured.

7. fattz

fattz Member

Not after the draft.

8. fattz

fattz Member

Beverley & ???
    For
    Okafor

76er's
    Okafor
    For
    Beverley & ???

(3rd team
    ???
    For
    ???)

The 76ers need to move him... They also need a point but not a ball dominate point. Beverley by himself is not enough. What do we have that fits with the 76ers needs?

A core of Harden, DMo & Okafor is solid going forward.

A third team is needed but who?
    Do the rights for Llull have any value?

9. valorita

valorita Member

After this summe, Brewer's contract will seem like peanuts as crazy as it sounds

10. dream2franchise

This intrigues me. Great size, solid court vision, can hit the three and create something from nothing.

11. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Only problem is...he's EXTRA brittle lol

12. dream2franchise

Yeah. He played 72 & 79 games a season respectively before last season and if there are injury concerns it could make it a little easier to nab him.

There won't be a player we can realistically get that doesn't have his warts.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would rather have Nerlens Noel, is he still on market and do Rockets have enough assets to get him?

14. CallMeTheDream

I would only take tryeke as a 6th man. He's not really a consistent threat from deep but his slashing ability is right up there with harden imo.

15. antman91

antman91 Member

Brandon knight .?

16. WestendMassive

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Woj says Kings tried to move Rudy to Indiana today. Kings wanted multiple picks and players. Says Kings are definitely shopping Rudy.</p>&mdash; Deuce Mason (@DeuceMason) <a href="https://twitter.com/DeuceMason/status/746117215087321088">June 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Old tweet and may have been discussed but Rudy Gay is being shopped hard. If only Vlade were dumb enough to take a package of Brewer, McDaniels and a pick.

Rudy would give us a real solid set of wings alongside James and Trevor, and could also be an intriguing small ball 4 with Cap or Dmo at the 5.

17. Lyfestyle

Lyfestyle New Member

I'm pro-Ryan Anderson, generally. I wrote about the Rockets' situation heading into free agency on htownrundown.com; check it out, would love to get some feedback!

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I wonder if Frye could be had for fairly cheap. Would be a nice option for the stretch 4 position, and has some ability to play backup 5. He is also expiring next year and keeps us flexible.

I could really see Morey do deals to try and gain assets with flexibility in mind. We have to spend %90 of the cap and we may be better served acquiring larger expirings for assets.

I'd do ariza or bev for Frye/1st.

Tyreke also fits this mold of attainability.

Turn around and target players you could sign on cheaper contracts like Dudley, Lee, Gordon and Marvin.

Focus of shooting and contract flexibility and asset collecting, while still focusing on winning now

19. Lyfestyle

Lyfestyle New Member

I agree with virtually everything you wrote, except I'm not so sure the guys you mention there will be cheap. After those first few dominoes fall, teams will get antsy with their money and those guys get PAID (sadly)

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah I can see them possibly making anywhere from 8-15m per depending, and I'm kind of thinking those will still be quality contracts under the CBA.

Next off season there will be another spike and 12m per will only be %10 or so of a teams cap space. So for reference, that's Bev's contract % under the old salary cap.

If you could get 2-3 quality players on quality contracts I think it really helps out long term. Especially if you could acquire enough expiring and flexibility to have 2 max slots next off season.

Morey is pretty smart, and he's typically adamant about not locking in long term but he has to be feeling some pressure to win now so who knows if maybe he will throw stupid money at players that probably aren't worth it.

I hope not. I honestly think if we had consistent above average shooters around harden we could be a top 5 seed without Dwight, because he's that dynamic of a player offensively.

Defense is gonna be questionable especially under mda, but these 3nD guys could be enough for an average defense and I think I would be happy with a 15th ranked defense and a top 3 ranked offense.