1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will team chemistry improve now that Chandler is gone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingCheetah, Oct 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It seems many of us had no idea what a diva Chandler was behind the scenes -- do you think his move to Dallas will make Houston a more cohesive unit?

1 person likes this.
  2. alethios

alethios Member

I think it will with the possibility that he contaminates up the Mavs chemistry as an added bonus. I also think that trading Lin will improve our chemistry.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On the court - As long as we have a facilitator at PG ....Ariza will then be the PERFECT fit.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not with Morey around. Players will like each other well enough but in the back of their mind they know they are just trade assets-- except maybe Howard and Harden. You can only be so emotionally invested in "your team" knowing that it may not be "your team" for very much longer.

#4 Carl Herrera, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Perfect chemical balance with the two cornerstones and their role players surrounding them.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Boo-hoo. I feel so bad for those millionaires...:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Do you just mean because there will be more food for everyone else?

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Opposite of.

He's a glue guy.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think it will get better. I have no problem with a guy like Parsons being a vocal player but he wasn't smart about some of things he said. I also think he and Harden didn't care for each other. I didn't get to see too many games last season but on several occasions those two seem to be barking at each other a little bit between plays. It gave me the impression that Parsons was trying to coach Harden and Harden wasn't having any of it. That also ties in with Parsons seeming to put himself on the same level as proven players as well as coaches.

Parsons seems to be a guy that will quickly try to assume leadership if a strong leader isn't in place to keep him in check. McHale sucks as a leader, Howard is too nice (and he was new) and Harden seemed to not be interested in leading last season. The result is you have a brash, ****-sure, young buck thinking he is the man. I get the feeling Carlisle is going to fix that in our young friend, Chandler.

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

That's racist. Bill O'Reilly told me there was no such thing as white privilege.

11. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

Definitely. I feel like everyone going in to this season knows their role or is happy to play any minutes they're given. Last year, we had 3 players who were either confused or dissatisfied with their roles, and that's not a recipe to do anything meaningful in the postseason

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I agree with KC.

1 person likes this.
  13. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Since when was Parsons a chemistry problem while he was on this team?

14. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I hope you and the entirety of CF check ALL their list of privileges everyday :cool:

15. bbllr3431

bbllr3431 Member

I thought we've already disproved this farce of logic CH? I think you need to change your mindset. You should actually be saying "Not when you're in the NBA."

As that player movement chart showed, we've had less roster turnover than the Mavs this past year. So stop trying to pin crap on Morey like he shuffles the deck too much.

Everyone shuffles the deck in the NBA. It is the nature of the business. Now stop spewing the dumbest garbage.

16. cbk41

cbk41 Member

It's a theory that tries to explain some of the teams' failures last season in more detail. You can still be a pretty good player and have a questionable overall impact on your squad. Parsons ego and attitude may have contributed towards that, and a comparable player that covers up his deficiencies (mental and physical) would multiply that impact.

17. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

This board keeps attempting to convince itself that losing Chandler was a good thing. Too funny.

1 person likes this.
  18. sabesque

sabesque Member

I think yes. Parsons had an agenda to prove he is worthy of being a star player. Now he has to prove that he's worth a max contract.

With Trevor, he knows who he is and what he brings to the table. Everyone knows their firing lanes and everyone is focused on the mission of winning.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It's going to take at least 20+ games to hopefully build the type of chemistry we will need to contend for a Championship.

If we would have kept Parsons the chemistry would be a lot better because they would've had a year experience together. This lineup ( Beverley, Harden, Parsons, Jones and Howard).

20. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Well, when you replace him with a comparable player who doesn't have much of an ego for half the price, it's certainly a plausible reality.

1 person likes this.