1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Cavs willing to give up too much for Love?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jet036, Jul 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Jet036

Jet036 Member

Would you give up Wiggins for Love? Am I the only one who thinks that that's way too much?

2. i3artow i3aller

Kyrie, Lei3ron, and K. Love playing together in their collective primes is way too tempting not to trade Wiggins. A&Wesome will end up being a hell of a player, but it's the right play at this juncture. Reminiscent of i3oston trading Al Jefferson for KG.

3. Jet036

Jet036 Member

Is Wiggins still projected to be the best player drafted in the last 10 years?

4. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

If Love ends up in Chicago or Golden State, they've shot themselves in the foot ... 'you pull the trigger' (in the right direction obviously) if you can add Love (25 years old !) and dominate the East.

5. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Wiggins, Bennett, heat 1st - wolves
    Love - cavs
    should be the trade

Or

Wiggins Bennett - wolves
    Heat 1st, Kmart - 3rd team
    Love - cavs

Then the Daquan cooks, cole aldrichs will get added in here and their

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

they should give up everything except kyrie and lebron for love. worse case scenario, they end up like the heat (2 rings in 4 years). best case scenario, they end up way better since love and kyrie are way younger.

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

The Cavs need defense though. The Heat had 3 plus defenders in Wade, Bosh, and Bron. Wiggins projects to be an elite defender, while Love is a poor defender. They need defense more than they need another scorer.

8. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

How can you say it's too much?

You're effectively saying that Wiggins will surpass Love during the 2 year time frame James is signed. You don't pass a "win now" opportunity based a hunch because that's all you can base it on for now.

Probably a better way to frame this question is; would you risk losing the best player, eliminate the possibility of Love, and probably Kylie down the line for a maybe on Wiggins?

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Of course it's too much. Who else is offering anything close?

The next best offer seems to be David Lee and Harrison Barnes. That's a garbage offer.

A lot of people are judging just the basketball side. But there's also market value to consider. And Kevin Love doesn't seem to have much market value right now.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I think this is a decent point. Wiggins for Love talent wise should be enough. Btw What salary are the Cavs using to match Love?

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

That team has no defense. I think it's also a worse trio than the Heat 'big 3' when they won their titles.

I think they are unlikely catch or surpass the Heat unless they keep their heads as an organization and get Love without losing Wiggins.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

1. Their offer is way too high, no other team is coming close. Bennett+Waiters+picks would be more than enough, absolutely no need to throw in Wiggins.

2. Best thing would be Love committing to the Cavs and saying he won't sign a deal with any other team he's traded to. That way Cavs can either low-ball Minny or wait for next year when Love becomes a free agent,

13. MONON

MONON Member

I wouldn't trade Wiggins to get Love. The Cavs need defense & that's Wiggins. If Minny won't trade Love to the Cavs without getting Wiggins....so be it. Cleveland can sign Love outright next year when Love's an ufa. Since Love has said he would sign an extension to play with LBJ, then he would sign an outright contract next year. I mean how many Boshes are there in the NBA anyway? ;)

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Love =elite player
    Wiggin= someone that you hope can be an elite player in 2-3 years.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

/thread

Th most important factor is that you know what player you are getting NOW vs. the future. Lebron may say he's in it for the long run, but I guarantee you that a pathetic showing in the playoffs will leave him with a bad taste in his mouth.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Wiggins is the next Kawhi Leonard.

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

pretty poor net worth if thats all he becomes going off the history of no.1 picks

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The idea of a star player locked into a rookie level contract that allows you to add another star in free agency or trade is tempting. But if you can put arguably the best roster in basketball on the floor you go all in. I would have traded Wiggins or Thompson in a heartbeat.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

This is one of the most bizarre cases of groupthink i think i've ever witnessed.

When I first heard there were people saying they wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love, I thought they were just trolling, then more people started chiming up. This kid wasn't a star in college and the only decent chance at Love calibre star in the draft was Embiid, it's as though his high school hype returned and people forgot he sucked in college.

And even beyond that, the idea you would hold back on trading someone who at their best becomes that guy in 4 years when Love is already that guy whilst having a 29 yo Lebron (he's not getting any younger folks) just seems so ridiculous to me that it borders on idiocy. Defense? pfft, they can spend their mle on a decent defensive wing next year and they're set for 5 years. Their championship window depends on Lebron, not Kyrie, and sure as **** not Wiggins.

1 person likes this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Kawhi is already better than most #1s at the age of 22.

1 person likes this.