1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Omer Asik - Last Five Game Highlights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gulsenabi, Feb 8, 2013.

1. gulsenabi

gulsenabi Member

20 Points, 16 Rebounds vs Brooklyn Nets (01/26/2013)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wpvLE17f84w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10 Points, 18 Rebounds, 4 Assist vs Denver Nuggets (01/30/2013)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Ahezx3ByOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19 Points, 15 Rebounds vs Charlotte Bobcats (February 2, 2013)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z6yShJYeg04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11 Points, 15 Rebounds vs Golden State Warriors (February 5, 2013)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IXlHqaIymoc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15 Points, 14 Rebounds vs Miami Heat (February 6, 2013)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6RGKD3kInkY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. kreia

kreia Member

If big O continues his trend from these games he is a lock for most improved (sorry James)
    and the rebounding title.

3. conquistador#11

he is a rebounding machine! thank you, chi city.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

But what does this have to do with Lin?

5. 3dahardenway

3dahardenway Member

Quit being a hater.

6. djimi

djimi Member

omer have definitely performed beyond most of our expectations....except for those who wants Bynum (Mr. Injury prone) and Howard (lack of maturity).

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He has a post game and it pisses me when they go to him.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

*they don't go to him.

9. ahhh

ahhh Member

he does get about 5 post plays each game, the shots either fall short or he gets fouled. and whenever he gets the rebound beneath the basket, his put backs always get stripped. his hands are still soft but has shown major improvements in the ability to handle passes, in which he can dunk instead of laying it up.

10. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Auto double-double Asik!

11. roksoer

roksoer Member

The reason for this improvement is because the team figured out he can actually catch passes that are thrown above his head. Did anyone else notice that?

12. pnr

pnr Member

Yeah, because hes such a good rebounder. Might be a good idea to shoot rainbow jumpers in his direction-he'll catch them everytime

13. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I realize I am in the dark on this probably but Asik is basically leading the NBA rebounds per game, and is doing it with less minutes then everyone else.

Only players with a higher rebound per game average with qualifying minutes played is Howard and Randolph, and with injuries Asik has significantly more total rebounds this year than howard or Randolph.

Asik: 587 rebounds with 11.5 per game average in 29.9 minutes per game
    Howard: 519 rebounds with a 11.8 rebound average in 34.6 minutes per game
    Randolph: 536 rebounds with a 11.7 rebound average in 35.3 minutes per game

Rest of the ones that are close are like 35-39 minutes per game.

Just thought that was kind of impressive.

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Raise your hand if you have facepalm moments everytime they go to Omer at the post and watch him back down his defenders.

15. megastahr

actually he is getting better...like not much difference in his post game then most centers...obviously not in the top...but He is decent.

16. loveofthegame44

The emergence of omer def. Reb makes me think that a front line of omer and j Smith would be really good and if j Smith only shoots corner 3s I think his% goes up( actually who has the advanced at on that?). I don't think Howard its going to pass up the extra 30 mil to come to hou. Listening to the rockets cast it seems like we are most likely putting all our eggs in the d ho cp3 crapshoot basket. I guess I just don't have the patience to wait to 2013 14 FA

17. PeppermintCandy

I didn't realize Asik had five double-double games in a row. Very impressive.

But watching these highlights, I can see why our power forwards are asked to take so many jumpers and 3-pointers. Basically, they're having to take and make all the jumpshots for the frontcourt, because Asik takes so few.

18. megastahr

+1

That is a good thought. J smith, used to be a good 3 pt shooter when he was shooting set shots in flow of the offense like patterson does. Also he is an elite rebounder...........something I never thought about.

Asik is the best defensive rebounder in the nba. Is great at grabbing missed 3s ... with J smith launching a 3 and following his shot...there is a high chance that one will come up with the rebound.

Also Smith will insanely improve our transition defense.

19. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I'm convinced, Asik is a championship center. We've got a great core in Lin-Harden-Parsons-Asik. Now we just need a power forward who can score in the post. Can't wait to see what Morey decides to do.

20. lean

lean Member

Just try to keep this dude off the boards... you've got no chance.