1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would Parsons be willing to sign/trade with the Wolves so the Rockets can get Love?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

I think Morey will miss out on all of the big free agents (Bosh, Melo, LeBron) and will shift his attention to trying to acquire Rondo or Love - and Ainge/Flip will more than likely ask for Parsons in a trade.

The thing is - do you think Parsons would even be willing to do a sign/trade to sign with the TWolves? It's clear he also wants to pursue off the court stuff , and I don't think Minnesota is a good place to do that.

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

why make a new thread

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

He would only if Minnesota's offer is significantly higher than offers from teams like LA, orl, deal, Phx, etc.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Doubt it.

But can we match and then trade him?

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

6. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

This. If Minnesota is willing to give him near max and his next best offer is quite a bit below that I bet he would consider it.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

This is the Wolves beat writer in Minnesota

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chandler Parsons would have to consent to a sign-and-trade to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Twolves?src=hash">#Twolves</a>. Someone close to Parsons: &quot;If the $$ is right, he'd be ok.&quot;</p>&mdash; Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/483631625549266945">June 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Florida boy in Minnesota?

Nah.

:)

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Dude got paid less than a million every year in his career. Someone offers him 10+ mill annually and he would go to Siberia to play.

10. Swishh

Swishh Member

Excellent...

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We ain't getting nobody. It was all a dream. I use to read word up magazine

12. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

he would to do us a solid for getting him his millions a year early

13. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

This. Players will play in less than desirable destinations, as long as there's more money there, 9 times out of 10. I can see Cp25 really digging the big fish/small pond aspect of Minny too. IMO there is no issue with him signing there long term if the moneys right.

I like his game alot, but would include him in a trade for love, no hesitation, assuming Minny is willing to accept a deal built around Parsons as the center piece . The positive impact of Love is far greater than the negative impact of no Parsons. Also parsons role would be easier to replace than most here would want to admit. I get the fanfare for this guy, I just don't understand why DM would make him a no-go in a Love trade, unless:

1. He knows he can get it done without including Parsons, using other pieces, other teams.
    2. He is waiting for FA decisions from: Melo, Bosh, LeBron

I can see DM preferring signing any of those as FAs to trading for Love because he keeps the assets he would have to surrender to do so. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a deal on the table for Love that both sides agree to, that's sitting "pending" the Melo situation. That's why I'm staying optimistic right now...don't see Morey capping out the team for 3-4 years to resign Parsons now, when he could have kept him cheap for another year, unless he felt pretty strongly that we had a real shot at getting our Big 3 (or 4) via trade/FA. In Morey We Trust...

14. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

In before:

We

Are

Not

Trading

Parsons

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't see why Parsons would stay if we trade Lin.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't think so, nor do I think he would be happy if the organization suggested it.

Unless it was the MAX. At $10-$12m I don't think he's willing. Maybe the Celtics. But not the Wolves when he knows he can be a contender here with the Rockets if he simply refuses a trade.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

parsons feels like he's been underpaid the past 2 years, he's gonna cash in. only guys closer to 30 start to worry about winning. until then its about the $$.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Would or wouldn't?

Your logic will need explaining.

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i see chandler going straight to manhattan (beach)