1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My experience, please feel free to bash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, Nov 16, 2015.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I live in Kenya and there are thousands of Somali refugees that have flooded into the country, fleeing Al Shabaab. Guess what has also happened?

Al Shabaab has come in with them and has even begun recruiting people here, to carry out further terrorist attacks. Kenya has one of the largest refugee camps in the world at Dadaab. They have to move Christians and others to other areas of the camp, or they may be killed.

Also the plans for the attack on the University here in Kenya, where 147 college students were killed, were helped to plan in that same refugee camp.

If you oppose those who do not want to accept the Syrian refugees in America; you have the right to be offended as an American, it is your right. But I disagree with you. This is a National Security issue, not a compassion issue. If they need to take refuge there are plenty of other Muslim countries that they can live in. Where possible attacks may not take place.

Again, this is my opinion, and it really doesn't amount to much in the scheme of things.

1 person likes this.
  2. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What would Jesus do?

3. Orange

Orange Member

What would Jesus do?

4. bobmarley

Jesus is God, God ordained government.

One of the most important functions of government is protecting the nation.

America is the most benevolent nation on earth, and takes in more people than any other nation each year.

5. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What would Jesus do?

6. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous line of reasoning.

7. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

If refugees came to Lord Jesus Christ, and asked for shelter and help, would he turn them away? In order to protect himself, in case some were violent?

WWJD?

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What would Mohammed do?

1 person likes this.
  9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

ISIS and Al-Shabab are corrupting influences. Jesus despised the Romans because of their corrupting influence. He felt Israel needed to be cleansed of their influence. He preached this to the point that he was beaten and then executed by the Romans.

My guess is we would say no to terrorism. My guess is he would not wage campaigns against cities - killing the captured men and enslaving all others.

What would he do? That's actually tough to say since Jesus was in many ways an illegal immigrant when his parents fled to Egypt. More so they were refugees seeking political asylum. Though, obviously, Jesus never had an opinion about Islam and its violent origins. Though we know enough about Jesus that he generally forbade violence and refused to take up arms against his enemies.

10. bobmarley

What country does Jesus run in this fantasy scenario? He would love for them to come unto him, but guess what, the Son of Man had no where to lay his head.

For people that think my logic is flawed, they sure don't proofread their own posts.

#10 bobmarley, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  11. bobmarley

Probably the most well thought out post that will be in this thread.

Though the Kingdom of God and the Kingdom of men are too quite different things.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Behead them all? "Marry" their 9 year old daughters?

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Muslim countries would not be safe from Muslim terrorists. Shia countries would be at risk. Even Sunni countries that don't bow to IS would be a target.

The US is in a better position than anyone to screen refugees. We have the benefit of time because we don't have a crush of people at the door. We have better intelligence capability than anyone. And we have the money and organization to manage the operation in a controlled way and keep track of resettled refugees. No offense to Kenya, but they can't match the US advantage. Europe doesn't have the luxuries we have either. We can minimize our own risk while taking some burden off of everyone else, so they can reduce their risk. We just have to not be scared, selfish little pricks about it.

Don't know what bible that's from. His beef was with Pharisees, not Romans.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Did u know?

Bob Marley disliked Christians, bobmarley:

"I feel like bombing a church
    Now, now that you know that the preacher is lying
    So who's going to stay at home
    When, when the freedom fighters are fighting"

15. Cohete Rojo

He had beef with both. He preached to people to not pay the Roman census tax and "to give to Caesar that which is Caesar's and to God what is God's". In fact, from what I remember, only one of the four gospels mentions the charges against Jesus - one of which was his opposition against the Roman census tax.

16. bobmarley

Feeling like bombing a church because they have a lying preacher does not equate disliking Christians. Good try though.

He also loved the Bible as a rastafarian.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No, he didn't. Bob Marley disliked Christianity as a cultural oppressor, a stealer of Jamaican identity, a false ideology oriented toward white people, a white Jesus. Is Jesus white or what? Haile Selassie was black.

When Bob Marley sings
    "building church and university
    deceiving the people continually.
    Graduating thieves and murderers,
    sucking the blood of the sufferer"
    he's singing about the Babylon System. Babylon. That's where the church is.

Rastafarians are absolutely not Christian:

"Rastafarians believe Haile Selassie is God"
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/rastafari/

"Most adherents see Haile Selassie I as Jah or Jah Rastafari, an incarnation of God the Father, the Second Advent of Christ"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You liberals scream separation of church and state? Why are you challenging this logic? Dont be an idiot

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Overblown fear

20. Cohete Rojo

Yes, I don't want to be blown up.