1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy Tab

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Luckyazn, Nov 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Wow, the description looks like the Galaxy Tab rapes the iPad.. We shall see..

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

4. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

the battle between Apple and all the others was never about specs.

5. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

How can they put "upgradeable to Android 3.0"? Android 2.3 isn't even out and they have no idea what Android 3.0 requires as far as hardware. The iPad has a better screen resolution, but the Galaxy Tab has more RAM.

Both suck because of their price tags. I'd rather pay $299 for the Archos 101 or 70. More audio/video codecs, tethering, mini-HDMI out. It may not have the Android Market, but can be obtained quite easily already. Also, the 70 has a 250GB version, which destroys all the 16GB/32GB/64GB tablets.

6. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Best Buy, as usual, is keeping up with the Jones’ where the Samsung Galaxy Tab is concerned. Now that both major CDMA carriers in the US – Verizon and Sprint – have announced that they will be carrying the Tab, the retailer is advertising that they will be selling the Tab in both silver for wifi only and wifi + 3G versions for Verizon (in black) and Sprint (in silver). You’ll be able to snag one from these guys for $499 and either a contract or month to month option.

We don’t know about the release date for the Tab through Best Buy, but hopefully we can expect to see them selling it on the 14th of November, as that’s the date it will be offered by Sprint, which comes after Verizon’s announced 11/11 date.
    [​IMG]

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I love the size.

Swoly pre-empt: That's what she said.

#7 Mr. Clutch, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm excited about getting one (or two) tablets eventually, but the prices have to come down dramatically. I'm also waiting to see what the Chrome OS turns out to be. Chrome OS on a tablet is what interests me the most at this point, but it may take a while to happen based on Google's plans.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Which video codecs do these support? Do they have enough power to display 1024Xwhatever resolution?

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im waiting for ipad 16g :rolleyes:

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I've gotten to experience the Galaxy Tab personally, its hella awesome

Flash works great, wasn't able to get Google Voice to work with it to make calls, cameras are great, although it was odd there wasn't any zoom options (still possible they maybe one, digital zoom regardless). those reasons alone, I'd get it over an iPad.

Not a fan of the Galaxy's custom home screen, so I installed LauncherPro and worked beautifully..

the downside of the Galaxy Tab? Doesnt support NFL Mobile or Skype at launch, but I'm pretty sure they're will be ways around that.