1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ben Simmons next in long line of recent Australian Basketball Prodigies?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by SkyrimOwnsAll, Aug 7, 2012.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

With you on the athleticism side of things. Reminds me more of Kyle Anderson than Lebron...

2. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

Unless she's aborigine she's NOT 100% Aussie

But I'd compare Ben more to Grant Hill than T-Mac

3. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

21 points, 20 rebounds and 7 assists.

Shame they didn't get the win, was a great performance.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He's averaging 19.3pts/14.5reb/5.3assts on 57% shooting through his first 4 games.

5. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Sure fire first pick. Looks like he will be awesome in the pros. Hopefully he goes to a eastern conference team and not the lakers.

Of course if the rockets continue on this suck fest, hopefully we get lucky in the lottery.

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Quite an amazing player. Some team is really about to... hit the lottery.

7. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Remember, he is almost certainly still growing. TMac comparisons probably very good.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

I agree with poster above. I see no TMac comparisons. I see a bigger Grant Hill who is one of my favorite players of all time and the reason why i'm begging the Rockets to tank. Sit Dwight for the season. Trade our large contracts like Ariza and Brewer and Lawson and Tjones before we have to pay him or lose him for nothing and just roll out Capela, DMO, KJ/Dekker, Harden, Bev. Still not bad enough for the worst record, but who knows, if were around #7, we can still win the lottery before, and haven't we won before with Yao? I think we jumped from #5 to the #1 pick IIRC.

9. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7_Xl61KBWb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Can he shoot

11. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Watch him on ESPNU today at 4:30PM again NC State. He knows the scouts want to see him take few jump shots today (good final chance to impress NBA scouts today at Barclays Center in BK, NYC).

12. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am also a huge Grant Hill fan. And I am very much tired of seeing the Rockets miss out on any opportunity to draft these franchise changing players.

For team like the Rockets, I don't know that tanking is worth the gamble unless there are multiple players at the top the team would be pleased to get. But I am not too big of the fan of the plan to wait for these guys to change teams. When these top guys change squads, there is generally a reason and that reason isn't generally good.

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Doesn't seem dominating for me. I've watched his games and he's definitely not allowed to be compared to Lebron.

I will say his team hinders him with their play. You have to realize these guys are trying extremely hard to impress scouts since they're scouting Simmons so they'll do things that doesn't bode well for LSU's offense.

14. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

That was a mighty nice pass there by Simmons.

15. windwave

windwave Member

lost 2 games in a row
    missed 2 potential game winner - passed to team mate yesterday and missed free throw today

didn't watch the game, was he heavily guarded? foul trouble? why did he only take 6 shots in total while 4 other teammates took a combine 60 shots?

16. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

He's extremely passive. The announcers even at one point pointed out how the crowd was groaning when he'd pass out on his drives to the basket.

Still, 10 assists with 0 TO's. This kid is a wreck once he gets the rebound. Can start a fast break every time.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Adams is from NZ...

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

She's not Aborigine. They are all African Americans relocated to Australia I bet.

19. Oz Rocket

Oz Rocket Member

His father (Dave Simmons), much like Dante Exum's father played in the national league over here for a decade or more, became naturalized at some point.

Married an Australian girl and Ben was born and raised here until playing HS in the US, i suspect it was simply because the competition here was not good enough for him.

20. what

what Member

Ben Simmons is a future MVP in the pros. This kid is freakin amazing. I usually don't get too high on players before they get into the league, but whoever gets him is going to be really happy.

His passing and ball handing skills with that athletic-ability really do remind you of Lebron James.