1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Neil Cavuto embarrasses liberal student who wants free college

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BullRider, Nov 13, 2015.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Cavuto and Fox embarassed themselves by browbeating the 20 year old woman.

What a stud old Cavuto is.

As usual he and Fox and friends types used lying "facts"as needed to bolster their position.
    The young woman was not dishonest enough to just invent facts as needed to refute Cavuto's "facts". This puts her at a disadvantage as she isn't into that cynical spin.

Despite Cavuto's bravado and acting like he was so devastating in his arguments she held her own quite well despite the pain of watching the Fox bully beating up on her.

#21 glynch, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I'm sorry, but an economy that runs infinitely on consumption and has the same tax/spending dichotomy is totally the wrong way to think about this issue.

If even a minuscule fraction of people could be convinced to pursue STEM fields of study, America would be infinitely wealthier.

Alan Turing has more to do with American wealth and productivity than a million 1 percenters.

I don't know if "free college" is the answer because college in of itself is a really outdated mode of learning, but if people are going to disregard the benefits of learning over tax dollars, that's an obtuse argument to make. "How are we going to pay for having an entire population more capable of producing smarter/more efficient solutions to everything?"

#22 Northside Storm, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think I'll send my kids to Europe or any other country who gives a **** about their people by providing a cheap education system.

How do they pay for that Neil?

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'm seeing a lot of grumpy dad talking points that could just as easily be about buying your kid's car or disapproving a daughter's marriage. It's possible the MPAs actually lobbying Congress or cutting checks to media consultants trotted her out just to show the class or generational contrast and draw more sympathy or support from their target audience.

5. bmd

bmd Member

She was the leader and organizer of the Million Student March that was happening either that day or the next (I don't remember).

That's why she was on the air.

Neil Cavuto isn't some hack that is going to purposely bring on "low hanging fruit". He could have destroyed her if he really wanted to. He took it pretty easy on her as he could tell she was not prepared, although if you are the leader of a relatively big movement, you should probably know what you're talking about.

6. Bob Barker 007

She's about my age. If I went on television and sounded that uneducated, I hope people would ridicule me for that. She is a dumbass.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Hahahahaha I feel like she could be any number of the liberal posters we have in this forum

8. jdhu

jdhu Member

Exactly. Seemed like he went out of his way to be nice.

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I think Keely should've countered with models of how European countries like Switzerland pay for public tuition. Instead, she went into the interview holding onto the scripted facts that she knew. She did come off looking very unprepared and that was pretty embarrassing to watch.

Cavuto didn't come off too aggressive in his points. He was very calm in his questions and demeanor. It was a little rude of him to talk over her sometimes, but it might've been to hit the talking points in a limited time.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Oh yes, I wonder how other developed countries pay for their free higher education, free medical care, while simultaneously having higher GDP-per capita, better health, and by all metrics better quality of life than America.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

He treated her like an adult which is more respect than you are giving (but in fairness its more than she deserves).

12. glynch

All the Europeans are broke, and they have no rich people because they are taxed so much. Doncha know? At least per Fox and Friends and viewers.

I know of two mixed Euro/ American families who have lived in the Houston for many years but have moved to Europe when kids go to college.

13. glynch

Good point. Fox might just be playing to their aging audience without concern about how it plays to younger folks.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Getting taxed in Europe is no joke (40+% at my bracket), but I don't see rich people leaving Europe in droves to tax shelters like pirate island.

It's a stupid insinuation by red, white, and blue Fox News to claim that rich Americans will sell out their God given, hard earned citizenship if the taxes begin to sting.

USA! USA! USA!

Death to traitors!