1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Offseason Priority List

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by astros123, Sep 18, 2015.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

1. make a run at david price, we're still 40mil below the average team in spending. time to STEP IT UP CRANE!!

2. Make a run at Cespedes if possible, offer him a 5 year deal max.

3. Get bullpen help pronto

4. Promote aj reed and cut carter. Dont let his random home runs fool you, hes still garbage.

5. DONT OVER PAY FOR KAZMIR. Think hes over rated long term and we have plenty of arms in the minors.

2. Buck Turgidson

Offseason? I think their priority is to win a whole bunch of games and **** the Rangers.

3. astros123

astros123 Member

do you really want them to make the playoffs? we're going to get embarrased against the blue jays on the road. we're going get smoked

4. conquistador#11

we would probably get the afternoon game on a wednesday, so nobody would be watching 'the embarrassment" :p I do want them to go. it will serve as experience to springer, altuve, correa, mccullers and dallas.

we need a first baseman. always wanted to give reed a try but oh well.
    and two more players that can hit around .270. and 30 plus homers. where can you get those? like a J.D

also, i'm tired of orbit being green. the food needs to be better also.

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Bring up AJ Reed, sign Justin Upton, cut Carter.

6. astros123

astros123 Member

why do people want upton? always thought he was overrated

7. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I want Heyward. LH bat with good defense and just entering his prime.

Think he's a little bit out of the price range though (although none of us seem to know where the payroll will sit next year).

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Still looking for a 1B/3B since Lance Berkman & Morgan Ensberg. :grin:

Opening day starters:
    1B: Geoff Blum, Brett Wallace, Carlos Lee, Brett Wallace, Jesus Guzman, Chris Carter
    3B: Ty Wiggington, Geoff Blum, Chris Johnson(2), Pedro Feliz, Matt Dominguez(2), Luis Valbuena

LF, depending if they re-sign Rasmus and if you want(or don't want) Tucker out there.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

LF, 3b, and 1b.

10. astros123

astros123 Member

theres no reason why the astros cant sign couple top FA. attendance is slowly going up and the csn mess is finally resolved

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

goodness is that depressing. and ensberg had, what, 1.5 good years? including hitting like .030 in the playoffs one of them?

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Last three seasons he's had an OPS over .800. Only player currently on the Astros with that is Correa.

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I would add bullpen help to the list.

14. astros123

astros123 Member

we all thought we did this past offseason

15. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

We need a bat to hit 4th in our lineup. Cespedes is having a great year, but in his career, he has had only 2 really good years, the first one and this one.
    I think we should go after Upton, younger and all his years he has produced. His defense is not as good as Cespedes, but would fill that 4th spot in the lineup.

1. Springer RF
    2. Correa SS
    3. Altuve 2b
    4. Upton LF/DH
    5. Tucker DH
    6. Gomez CF
    7. Lowrie/Valbuena 3b
    8. Singleton 1b
    9. Castro C

Will Reed make the move from double a to the majors? What are we going to do with Gattis? Well, i know what is going to happen, again as our DH with an OPS under .740

We need a closer, in house or trade. There are not many good closers in FA this year. Best is Ziegler but team has a club option of 5.5 millions.

This team needs improvement at 1b, 3b, DH, LF and closer.

We only need a closer, after that everything moves the right way, Gregerson to the 8th, Neshek/Sipps 7th (we need to re-sign Sipps), Harris to the 7th, Fields to the 6th

Is time to spend money

16. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

1. First base
    2. DH
    3. Closer

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cespedes: Looking for a 6-year deal.

Guessing that won't be coming from Houston.

18. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Some one will over pay him as they don't have to give draft picks for him

19. stephenoa

stephenoa Member

We've got to many guys who deserve a regular shot in 2015. Probably 15 hitters and 8 starters. Should look at a major trade to consolidate some of that talent into less roster spots.

whos the absolute best player who's team might be inclined to trade him for a giant offer?

Sale? Votto?

20. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Biggest thing we need to get next year is a healthy George Springer

To think we currently sit in a playoff spot right now, and Springer has 13 HR and 30 rbi, is actually pretty amazing

For a team with 4 really good offensive players on it and then a lot of guys with one good tool (power) and not much else, we have rarely ever had those 4 good players all healthy together at the same time.

So Springer's health is number 1

A lock down closer to move Gregerson to the 8th would be nice also. The pen overall was actually very good this year until they went from 8 guys down there to 6. I remember posting about not liking that move when it happened, and the pen has struggled. Getting rid of the long guy who was never used was not a problem, but they went from 13 pitchers to 11 in the span of a couple of days, and as guys got used a lot more their performance went down. We have some good arms down there and don't need a total overhaul, but a lockdown backend guy to shift everyone else back a spot, and just add another good option down there, could go a long way

I'd love to have Price, but I can't see us spending big money there with all of the young arms we have right now. Dallas, McHugh, Lance, Fiers aren't going anywhere. VV and Feliz could easily be ready for the 5th spot, and Appel is still on the way too. I could see signing Kazmir who wouldn't be anywhere near the cost of Price, but can't see much more than that.

I would love to see us add a top offensive OF to go along with Springer and Gomez. Jake would make a good 4th OF but a really good consistent OF could make a huge difference. This is more likely to come through trade than free agency though. Heyward, J Upton, Cespedes all free agents, but they will likely be looking for long term deals. I can't see us committing to 5-6 years for an OF.

3B would be a great place for a legitimate upgrade, but there are literally no 3B on the free agent market that would be a true upgrade. I like Jed a lot, but the chances of him staying healthy playing everyday are just not good at this point. We do have two guys on the come, but can't see either of them being ready to help.

1B is just gonna be a "wait on AJ" I think. Outside of Chris Davis there isn't much available as a FA at 1B either, and we ain't signing Davis to a large contract wtih AJ on the come.