1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most recent Troopergate explanation is like putting lipstick on a LIE

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Oski2005, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The most recent explanation for the firing of Monegan was "insubordination." The McCain campaign claimed he had taken an "unauthorized" trip to Washington to lobby for money for an anti-sexual violence program. ABC news just found a document that shows Palin's administration had authorized the trip. BTW, if, as basshole claims, Democrats (and Republicans in Alaska) are supporting a "wife beater," then I guess with that logic we can say that Palin and McCain are pro-rape since they seem so against an anti-sexual violence program for Alaska which leads the country in rape.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5844710&page=1

I don't want another VP who is willing abuse their power.

BTW, I don't actually think they "support rape" but McCain does think rape jokes are funny.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They don't support rape, but Palin asking rape victims to pay for their own rape kits is an outrage. No wonder her polls among women have taken such a nose dive.

Poor victims of rape shouldn't be left out because they can't afford the kits. Meanwhile Palin goes around lying and pretending she cut the chef from the state payroll.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Is this beneath you or not? You should apologize to basso.

4. Oski2005

Has he ever apologized for calling people terrorist sympathizers?

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how old are you? thinking we need an age limit in the d&d. one should at least be potty trained before being allowed to post.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I wish all things could just have a gate on the end of them

IkeGate

HurriGate

GasGate

CenterpointGate

LandryGate

7. Oski2005

The only thing I apologize for is giving you guys an excuse to ignore the FACT that the McCain campaign and Palin have lied again.

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

If its any consolations I think he's a basshole too.

9. tested911

tested911 Member

Actually this is a partial lie too.. Yes she did fire the chef but came back 2 months later to cook for the state legislators.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't know about that but I wouldn't trust my children around him or many of the people he supports. I try to teach my kid integrity and honesty. The crap he posts is just an insult to smart and rational people.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, actually she didn't fire the chef. She transferred the chef to a different title, and the chef was always employed by the state. The chef never left the state's payroll.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Please forgive this analogy, but do you folks remember those Taliban "press conferences" when we were demanding they hand over Osama bin Laden?

It was like the most incompetent handling of media interactions ever, and the viewer was left thinking "what rock have these folks been living under?" It was like they had NEVER seen a video camera in their lives. And their arguments about bin Laden and defying the US made zero sense. Though a sad, stressful time, it was honestly kind of humorous. Watching them led one to say "you people are soooo screwed."

And now, listening to the Palin camp (again, I'm really sorry)... I can't help but think that US media is a lot different than Alaska media, and these people are coming off a little bit like bumpkins.
    -------------
    (setting: Palin war room)
    They are asking why dude was fired.
    Um, tell them insubordination.
    Okay, now they want to know about the insubordination.
    Crap! Um, tell them he took an unauthorized trip to DC.
    Got it. He did take a trip, right? Just need to make sure...
    Yes, already. Remember? He went to DC to lobby for money for rape victims or abortion or some crap. Christ -- just get the media off us.
    Okay, okay...
    just a minute... oh boy. NOW they're saying they have the signed authorization from our office. Holy...
    Argh! Why don't these people go away after the first question like in Alaska!
    I don't know, but what do I tell them?
    Uh, tell them... tell them we authorized the trip, as a standard procedure for any long expensive trip, but um, then we didn't authorize him to go there and say and do communist, liberal, pork project types of things. So, um, when he filled that part out on the expense report, we fired him, as, um, standard procedure... I think I'm gonna throw up.
    Really? I have to say THAT?
    Yes!!1!

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Has TJ taken over your brain?

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I remember Johnny Depp in THE NINTH GATE

Rocket River

15. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Palin might be the worst VP choice ever.

I say "might" because about 90% of McCain supporters are capable of rationalizing anything to avoid the obvious.

I say "might" also because democrats have yet to pwn this pathetic excuse for a politician despite the minimal effort required.

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I'll never forget:

Spygate (2) — The controversy surrounding the NFL's New England Patriots' taping of defensive signals.

Standard repubs hate facts. Try not to post any more, guys.

18. sook

sook Rookie

couldn't have said it better

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Depressingly brilliant analogy, B-Bob. Maybe it's the people I hang around with, but a lot of the conversation was about this at a party tonight and how bewildering it was. Where are all the folks wild about Palin and that ticket? I know of more on this board than I do in "real life," and I hang around a lot of "political" people of both parties.

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think this is a red herring. People who love Palin for being Palin won't give a crap about a random mounty. She was vetted by the Country First staff, after all.

One breath wasted on Palin is one breath removed from Obama personally/emotionally connecting with those undecided constituents.