1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Let's Hope "THE PATRICK EWING EFFECT" Is In Full Effect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 3814, Mar 12, 2006.

1. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1193711&type=package

this effect (check the link for what it is) only takes place when:

1. A star athlete receives an inordinate amount of media attention and fan interest, and yet his teams never win anything substantial with him (other than maybe some early-round playoff series).

2. That same athlete leaves his team (either by injury, trade, graduation, free agency or retirement) -- and both the media and fans immediately write off the team for the following season.
    (or in my opinion the remainder of the season)

lets hope it happens...GO ROCKETS GO!

2. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Well I want all my guy out there but I do not belive the season is over yet.

3. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

1. It's the Ewing Theory
    2. I thought you guys all hated Bill Simmons for hating on Houston? :p
    3. Ewing Theory still didn't get the Knicks a ring.

4. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

It's funny cause Simmons verbally felates Dream whenever the oppurtunity arises.

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Say what you want about Patrick Ewing but his teams did usually go deep into the playoffs, including several conference finals appearances and two NBA Finals appearances, which means his teams had consistent shots at winning a championship. I'd take that!

6. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I don't know about that. With Ewing, the Knicks were always in the playoffs, and if John Starks doesn't go like 2-19, maybe Pat has the same number of rings as Hakeem. Without him, they made the finals once, but where are they now?

7. JWhaley

JWhaley Contributing Member

Patrick Ewing Theory on TMac? Interesting

8. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

I don't know where they are now... I think last year most of them were on our bench...