1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Understandable, in the last 7 playoff games his superstar Shooting Guard wasn't there. Kobe was injured & Harden has checked out mentally.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden just called Frank Blinebury a &quot;weirdo&quot; to end a debate. What is going on...</p>&mdash; The Dream Shake (@DreamShakeSBN) <a href="https://twitter.com/DreamShakeSBN/statuses/459198501113438208">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fran Blinebury is a weirdo...

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

same. im emotionally distancing myself.

3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Wow, Dwight plays all 5 positions !! Does he coach also ? I mean this is pure bull. You can use statistics for anything. I'll tell you this...he isn't the reason for the loss tonight.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You guys put a smile on my face.

I still have a pinch of hope. If Harden just shows up like he did in that Spurs series and the other OKC playoff series then there is hope...

The games were close and probably wouldn't be as close if Harden just had a decent game. He needs to have a pow wow with Hakeem, I think his confidence is shot.

Just my opinion though.

5. Andrew Wiggins

Us vets understand and await the inevitable down 3-0 and down 3-1. That three is a death sentence when you dont have at least two wins.

6. The Stig

The Stig Member

Can't wait for the National Media to tear the team a new one. It should fire the players (especially Harden) up for game 3 and I am confident that this series is still far from over.

Howard responded well from the criticism he got from Game 1.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, that is a LA reporter so there is some bias? there.

See:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Who knows who Kobe eventually passes the Lakers' torch to but he was always adamant that Dwight didn't deserve it.</p>&mdash; Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/statuses/459214805744619520">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Dwight did what he was supposed to do tonight. If he's not doubled he's gotta dominate but we can't win that way with portland staying home on our shooters. Harden has to break down the defense for this team to win. We only go as far as harden takes us.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That dude is a Laker fan...so not surprising.

10. Andrew Wiggins

Tmc must have llayed all 5 positions as well as the bench.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That fat **** can go have a heart attack. **** Laker fans and their media.

12. Terry Teagle

Terry Teagle Member

I think Lin played a fairly solid game, with excellent defense and some good assists, but overall seemed passive. He needs to shoot at least 15 shots a game.

13. Clarinetmonster

Gotcha - sorry for the misunderstanding.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

You wanna know why the stadium is empty during the regular season?? For this exact reason. Our fans and city get super hyped up for a winner as they enter a postseason only to be crushed by the disappointing result of yet another loss.

You ask for fan support, and more involvement. But decide to fold like cheap paper when the pressure is real.

15. JazzLakerHater

**** him and **** LA. If weren't for Dwight these two games wouldn't have been even close. It's not his fault his coach is a clueless moron and his "star" teammate is MIA.

16. Andrew Wiggins

I am not surprised. It is already starting for howard. Lakers fans cant wait to say it and already started. They dont have much to talk about nowadays. Expect this off season to be filled with howard regrets houston.

17. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Oh, he's in L.A. ? I thought A rash might be from Iraq or something. It doesn't seem possible that an actual reporter could be that dumb.

18. Clarinetmonster

My only complaint is Dwight needs to know when to pass out - they adjusted in the second half and 3 guys were just collapsing on him at the rim and he just kept trying to force the issue. Overall a good game from him though.

19. Andrew Wiggins

Only players who deserve it over dwight are james, durant, aldridge, and anthony.

20. Terry Teagle

Terry Teagle Member

We don't need to stop LMA, we just need to score more points than the Blazers. We should've have won Game 1, even with LMA scoring 40+ points.

And if Harden and Parsons had somewhat decent games in Game 2, we should've won that one as well even with LMA scoring 40+ points.