1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 NFL Preseason

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Aug 11, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's way over the top but I understand, you're excited about finally having a little something worth cheering for.

2. what

what Member

How would you describe Marriota then?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's more Tyrod Taylor than Aaron Rodgers, John Elway, or Peyton Manning.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmfao

5. what

what Member

Really, tyrod taylor? they are completely different players, the only thing they have in common is that I assume Taylor can run a little.

Taylor has 6 years in the league and barely cracked 3000 yards passing last year. lol

You really think Marriota is a brainless, non-pocket-passing qb with very little passing skills? Really?

6. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

If Mariota has a season as good as Tyrod's last year i'll be impressed

bortles, tyrod, mariota, carr, winston, and teddy are the future with luck, cam, and wilson being the middle twenty vets

7. what

what Member

tyrod is 27, what are you saying? do you even watch football

8. Buck Turgidson

Not so much anymore, I'd actually like you hillbillies to be good for a change, it would be nice to care enough to hate you again.

I'm not sure about Mariotta in the NFL yet, hopefully he's more Russell Wlson than Vince Young.

9. what

what Member

Because Vince Young was a brainless running qb and that's all mariota is. seems like a valid comparison to me.

10. Buck Turgidson

No, thinking more about somebody that won't take off the second the pocket breaks down. Like I said, I hope yall are good again someday.

11. what

what Member

Do you even watch the titans, mariota has never did that in his entire career. Not last year. And certain won't be doing it this year. The knock on him was that they didn't have him run more.

12. Buck Turgidson

He did it twice tonight during the 24 minutes I was watching. The one where he juked a CB with the ol' college toss will get him killed against a real defense.

I like him, and best of luck, and I hope someday you guys don't suck.

13. what

what Member

Last year he rushed a total of 34 times. Of course this was 12 games: but if you add the 11 or so more rushes he would have gotten in those games you are looking at 55 rushes for a 16 game season.

For comparison: Andrew Luck rushed over 60 times a game in his first 3 years. Wilson has rushed almost 100 times each of his seasons.

Again, what are you saying?

14. what

what Member

The other thing about Tyrod Taylor comparison and what makes it so asinine is that Taylor is known for having a great arm for deep passes, mariota's biggest knock is that he floats too many passes and has weak arm strength. In fact the reason Winston went ahead of mariota was in large part due to arm strength of the respective players.

If you want to criticize mariota arm strength not pocket awareness is where you want to beginning.

But texan fan doesn't know anything about titan football, i know that.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Even with two Heisman and Murray, the challenge will be that Mariota is throwing to a 7th rounder and a 5th rounder. So he's gonna have to be very sharp to move the ball. I think the running game is so good and o line so good that it will open it up for them and they go 10-6.

16. what

what Member

Mariota (and the titans, in general) are following the model of the Carolina Panthers with respect to throwing options.

Mariota's security blank will be Delanie Walker and the running game, much like Cam used Greg Olsen all of those years.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was talking a Tyrod Taylor comparison because I think Tyrod Taylor's season last year is pretty much the best you can hope for from Mariota this season. We'll see how it plays out.

18. what

what Member

No you weren't, but that's okay you can backtrack. Just like you did with Blake Bortles and David Carr. lol

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I really was. If Mariota has a career year and is as good as Taylor was last year, you'll be pretty excited about it and probably declare him the next coming of Aaron Rodgers mixed with Peyton Manning and John Elway.....oh wait, you already did that.

As to backtracking on Bortles and DAVID Carr....I'm not sure what you are talking about.

20. what

what Member

Who then do you compare mariota to then? Not what season you think he will have.