1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dolphins-Martin-Incognito story

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ferrari77, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

So um yeah, I'm thinking this Jonathan Martin-Dolphins(Incognito) thing deserves it's own thread. I think we as Texans fans already know Incognito is a grade A piece of **** and most NFL fans know this by now.

Initially my train of though was that Martin should have told Philbin what was happening and let him know if Incognito decided to eff with him again, that **** was gonna go down. This wasn't some JPP-Prince Amukamara incident where JPP is obviously taller and bigger than Prince and Prince would not try to rock the boat. Incognito is not taller than him, barely outweighs him and to my knowledge isn't a professional fighter(outside of fighting college teammates).

Then again, it seems like Martin decided he didn't want to get in a fight but wanted the Incognito threats, O-line hazing etc to stop but in a civilized manner without coming to blows.

Now we get word on the different stuff

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...acial-slur-death-threat-on-martins-voicemail/

and the fact that Incognito's dad decided to post on a fins forum

http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incognitos-dad-blasting-jonathan-martin-on-m-1457997230

2. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Lol like father like son.
    His dad is a racist POS.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

"hey rookies!!!, finance our south beach lifestyle or else." not really hazing as much as extortion.

4. TheresTheDagger

Not surprised, the name Richie Incognito actually means "Dick in disguise"

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Source: Incognito is 'done' on the Dolphins

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

7. smr6

smr6 Member

Pretty disgusting if it turns out the voicemail is real. Deserves to be out of the league for good if so.

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

What Happened to like carrying bags to the hotel, washing vets cars, late night food runs.

9. esteban

esteban Member

Why can't Martin handle this like a man? Someone threatens to go after my family, they're gonna eat their meals with a straw.

I'm thinking there is more to this story that soon will be coming out. Incognito is a major douche, they should have towel soap whipped him like in Platoon.

10. Apps

Apps Member

I hope that Jonathan Martin lands on a team that he deserves, with a better overall atmosphere and more professionalism. What happened to him isn't hazing, it was just straight up hate. How could you possibly want to stay on a team that treats you like that? I don't blame him one bit for leaving that situation. The fact that he did it peaceably, for crying out loud, is worthy of admiration and respect.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Handle it like a man means resort to violence that will have negative consequences for you and your family?

Real mature.

There is nothing unmanly about going through authority channels instead of resorting to violence.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to see Incognito suspended indefinitely by the league based on his threats and what can be read as a threat to Adam Schefter and the media/agents in general. That whole "You know where to find me if you have a problem with me" line can easily be taken as the internet tough guy threat and I doubt the league will blow that off.

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This is the internet where only the toughest of the tough are allowed.

13. esteban

esteban Member

Why do you think it will immediately lead to violence? Sometimes when you stood up to a bully, he will back down...most bullies are cowards. Martin never fought back and continually taking it and taking it.

14. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Man, you're a low class person. Handle this like a man? you think its ok for your co-worker to harass you? I know have a better understanding why you spew your hatred for the POTUS.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Richie Incognito Said Jonathan Martin Was the &quot;Easiest Teammate to Scare&quot; in Dolphins Program <a href="http://t.co/CYOZxF2fdQ">http://t.co/CYOZxF2fdQ</a></p>&mdash; The Big Lead (@thebiglead) <a href="https://twitter.com/thebiglead/statuses/397478967810093056">November 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

16. esteban

esteban Member

I rest my case!

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Pathetic. :eek: Animal.
    Because it makes it worse... and if you retaliate or seek revenge... you're guilty, too. :eek: Come on, now... you can't let your MACHO personality take over all the time... you need to stay professional, all the more reason if you're a public figure like NFL players are.

18. macho87

macho87 Member

Tannehill seems like barrels of fun.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Martin comes out looking better if not lighter in the pocket giving up all that money to dolphins vets. If he can play someone will pick him up.

Roger Godell's NFL...

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You said they'd be eating their meals out of a straw from that point on and that this was the way a man would handle it.

That means violence.

It's cool if you want to back off that. It takes a man to admit he was wrong and was just being an internet tough guy.

1 person likes this.