1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Trailer] American Hustle

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 31, 2013.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

A fictional film set in the alluring world of one of the most stunning scandals to rock our nation, American Hustle tells the story of brilliant con man Irving Rosenfeld (Christian Bale), who along with his equally cunning and seductive British partner Sydney Prosser (Amy Adams) is forced to work for a wild FBI agent Richie DiMaso (Bradley Cooper).

DiMaso pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers and mafia that’s as dangerous as it is enchanting. Jeremy Renner is Carmine Polito, the passionate, volatile, New Jersey political operator caught between the con-artists and Feds. Irving’s unpredictable wife Rosalyn (Jennifer Lawrence) could be the one to pull the thread that brings the entire world crashing down.

Like David O. Russell’s previous films, American Hustle defies genre, hinging on raw emotion, and life and death stakes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QhB6o3Dtwjs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Amy Adams is so hot.

...and who in the hell thought it was a brilliant idea to release this trailer in 360p quality?

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Holy **** that cast.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

A nothing becomes gangster.
    Gets good friends to help.
    Runs over everyone.
    Wins everything.
    Loses women.
    Starts again.

Same gangster kingpin and drug-dealer story. Scarface meets Studio 54, meets American Gangster, meets Blow. :eek: Will probably watch on DVD just because Amy Adams is one of my favorite actresses (Hot Girl on The Office).

5. 713

713 Member

Is this the sequel to Man of ****?

Batman vs Lois Lane?

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Official Trailer 2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h5Cb4SFt7gE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#6 percicles, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  7. cardpire

cardpire Member

Nope, that's not who Amy Adams is.

8. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

She played Jim's girlfriend in season 1 for a few episodes, but that's definitely not what she's known for. That's an odd role to remember her by.

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

Yeah, he's confusing her for Ellie Kemper, I assume. Possibly even Jenna Fischer?

10. SwoLy-D

NO. :eek: I know Amy Adams. I've been following her since The Office's FIRST season.

Perhaps you need to STFU, man. :p

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0664518/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_29
    [​IMG]

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Nope. Amy Adams was in The Office for a few episodes.

12. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

It's funny that, other than Christian Bale, 5 years ago everyone would have said 'who?' to the rest of that cast.

13. ILoveWhiteGirls

And the best picture goes to: Caught an advance screening of this and not saying it's the best picture ever but it has all the ingredients for a best picture nominee. Everyone was great but of course, you got the big name actors to do it so that was expected although Jennifer Lawrence was a little over acting imo, Louie C.K was great for the time he was on, the plot twist at the end, summed up the movie perfectly. It's a long movie though so you're going to be sitting for awhile. This might be Russel best movie he's ever done, it's a heavyweight of a film for sure.

14. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Just saw this last night - was great. Would recommend, although I'll warn that it's a long movie and requires you to keep pace in a quick moving plot with a lot of agendas running parallel to each other. Every actor does a great job in this film and by the end of it (especially after seeing Bale share the a scene with DeNiro) i feel like Bale as he gets older can stretch out his career in DeNiro fashion. Some of the same mannerisms too.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

all I want to know is whether Led Zeppelin is in the film score or is this just another ploy to get me in the theater by featuring a bad ass unrelated track in the trailer...

16. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

The OST on this movie is great...but sadly no Zeppelin, only a ploy.

17. cardpire

cardpire Member

"The hot girl on The Office"....nobody would say that to identify Amy Adams. That's asinine. That's like saying Courtney Cox was the hot girl on Seinfeld, because she was in an episode.

You got your redheads confused and you mistook her for Ellie Kemper. No big deal, mistakes happen.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

....and I just made a mistake. Apologies, just clicked that link and see what you were referring to. Should have clicked before posting.

I'd neg rep myself and post an "embarrassed smiley" if I could.

1 person likes this.
  19. SwoLy-D

Umm, no, I didn't mistake her for anyone else. I know Amy Adams. Hot Girl in The Office was the first place I saw her and that's how I remember her. You can have your opinion about other people. :eek:

EDIT. I see you quoted yourself. :cool: Apology accepted.

1 person likes this.
  20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Could not have been more wrong.

This movie was great and like everyone else said a bit long but it keeps you engaged throughout. Acting great all around, Bale does it again.