1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Patrick Patterson Highlights vs. Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Patrick Patterson Highlights vs. Celtics 1/10/2011
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5d6LaJzg1F8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5d6LaJzg1F8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Patterson's block of Luke Harangody
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NUU_n9c_ckM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NUU_n9c_ckM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

4 people like this.
  2. killakim

killakim Member

great game by pp

3. gah

gah Member

Thanks Clutch!

So far, he is the brightest spot of this season.

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I'll be very disappointed if we package Patterson in a blockbuster deal. He has a very consistent mid-range game, has exceptional court awareness (mentally, he blows Jordan Hill out of the water), and he's rock solid on the defensive end of the floor.

He definitely makes Luis Scola expendable, as he's shaping up to be a young Antonio McDyess...

1 person likes this.
  5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He has amazing fundamentals.

And his body language tells you a lot about his game. Always positioning himself and keeping his options open.

I also love how he sets his feet for a catch and shoot. That is basketball fundamentals that a lot of players ignore.

And one thing that has really impressed me is how decisive he is. He makes quick decisions and makes sure he follows up with it. Unlike Jordan Hill (and even Chuck Hayes), he has no hesitation. He knows what options are available the moment he has the ball.

We have ourselves an incredibly intelligent basketball player.

6. lean

lean Member

1:21 man that's a sweet bank shot. this guy got some skilllllsssss

7. gambingo

gambingo Member

Don't know who Harangody is, but he got owned lol

8. superchinees

superchinees Member

I like how he is so consistent on both ends.

9. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I am really impressed by PP. If he can continue his great play and learning he will easily become a starting PF for a long time. His rebounding is something that we sorely lack. If we have a soft Center in the game, we need him to do the dirty rebounding work. I think that is where Scola's game really lacks, he doesnt really have the strength or athleticism to compete for those border line rebounds

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That bank shot was Rudy-esque....

I could swear, I heard Geno saying "BINGO !" as it went in.

DD

11. Rockets_4_life

What's with the disses of Jordan Hill when ever someone gives Patrick a praise, the guy is playing out position and against tougher competition than what Hayes had to play against...

His struggles as a STARTING center should be expected..

Can we praise Patterson, without having to diss Hill ...

12. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

nice, i hope we dont trade him on a rental for carmelo...if it happened.

13. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I see a little Chris Webber there. Good within 20 feet so you have to honor the shot, it makes him very dangerous from the high post.

A few more games like that and I'll take down my shrine of Carl Landry.

14. Im Just Sayin

Im Just Sayin Member

Like a modern version of Horace Grant.

I hope he stays in the rotation.

15. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

pat pat is a nice replacement for carl landry! :)

16. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Not a low-blow by any means... simply an observation, and I'm sure Rick Adelman and staff would agree. Didn't RA mention in an interview that he "trusted" PPat more than Hill at this point in time...?

Hill's a promising talent in his own right, but once we acquire a true center, both Jordan and Pat will be competing at PF (that's if they're both still around/not included in the deal). Patterson's a better team defender and plays a more polished brand of basketball.

17. Greg M

Greg M Member

Good comparison. Bring back the 1980's brand of power forwards!

18. throwedyung14

throwedyung14 Contributing Member

I see a lot of Udonis Haslem in P-Pat. Not necessarily a bad thing. He'll be a solid contributor for years.

1 person likes this.
  19. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

I am really liking Patterson's outside shot now that he seems confident with some playing time. His defense looks solid and knows where the rebounds are going to be.

20. comehere2

comehere2 Member

he's doing well. shooting, position, rebounding... i knew he can contribute. keep doing it.