1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Beginning of Kareem Island

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by drewd17, Dec 17, 2012.

1. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

No qualifications. Kareem has been a beast this year. I still had a few doubts but the Detroit game changed everything. Calvin Johnson was absolutely mauling Alan Ball, and then Kareem took over and ... nothing. Complete shutdown.

Kareem is the best cornerback on this team now. Truth.

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I did - you selectively deleted that part from the quote.

3. Pringles

Pringles Member

Which is a good and bad thing....

It also means Jonathan Joseph took a step down this season. Injuries and what not, but also maybe it's hard for him to replicate the dominance he showed last season. I don't know.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

JJoe is such an important part to the secondary...in order to fear the secondary a guy like JJoe needs to be out there...QBs will be more reluctant to throw bombs...however...this is not the case with KJackson...while has had a stellar season...the games JJoe missed coincidentally has been the worst our secondary has played. This is the Truth.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're right...how could have I forgot this glorious praise...

:rolleyes:

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Joseph has clearly not been 100% most of this season. I think he was really coming into form right when he got hurt again, and he's just been very cautious and unable to make big plays since then.

I think he'll be back to form for the playoffs barring further injury.

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Coming out as an underclassman and being thrown to the wolves hurt him and the Texans in the short term..... sort of a microcosm of the team. (before Phillips 2112'ed)

You could tell he was coming on over last couple of years though... with the experience of that first year, great work ethic,better coaching, JJo, and an insane pass rush... He had the pedigree and now...

Toast is gone.... in his place, not just a solid 2, but a true #1 CB....putting value into that pick now. ;)

Go Kareem and Go Texans!

8. David Stern

David Stern Member

Not sure J-Jo will regain his form this season. Groin injuries tend to nag and only go away with stretching and prolonged rest. J-Jo had a great year last year but nothing he’s shown this year indicates he’ll regain that form. He’s constantly been beat by his man this year. He also appears to have a propensity to gamble to make big plays (i.e. guess on a route or bite on the play action)….Doing that puts him out of position and having the groin issues makes it impossible for him to recover like he’s been able to do in the past if he guesses wrong. Lloyd was embarrassingly open on his TD catch (play action pass). I’m not a coach but I imagine that the coaches are telling him to take fewer risks until his groin is 100% healthy

9. HeyBudLetsParty

Played great today. Only bright spot besides watt

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

That hit was vicious and made me smile...but may get a fine similar to what happened to Antonio this past week...

11. drewd17

drewd17 Member

Lock down today throw away the key!

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Kareem has been better than Joseph this year