1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: James Harden makes his play for the throne

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Thank you

I will enjoy this

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

GIVING THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT

4. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

BIG thanks.

Can't wait to give this a listen.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Great job. Thanks

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Ariza tech was the turning point. I loved that he got in Mozgov's face after he fouled Harden. I still remember how angry I was in 2008 when Scola got fouled by Fisher and no one got in anyone's face. We got enforcers now. Mutiple times this year players have stood up for other players. Love it.

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Good. Someone taking over the Garcia role.

I wonder what Ariza said, because after that Mozgov was never heard from again.

Someone (Clutch?) actually said Ariza could be "nasty" in the lockerroom when upset after a game early in the season.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Listening now and great discussion, but what's going on in the background? A war?

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They do the podcast after the game when they are cleaning up Toyota Center.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

5-0 home stand. First sweep of home stand 5 games or longer since 2009.

-13-2 in games decided by 5 points or less.
    --Rockets in close games - are they that good or lucky?

D-Mo:

MK: Time exposes everything. All fell in love with what he does on one end(O) but the more he plays, the more other faults in his game get exposed. Spot shadow D-Mo on occasion and watch him not box people out. He will stand in front of a guy, hope the ball comes to him or his height will work as a deterrent in him getting the ball. ... You have to box out in this league, no matter how tall you are or how much thicker you've gotten over your career. Box out! It's inexcusable for a guy his height to get 3 rebounds. Brook Lopez got 12 rebounds. Not Wilt or Bill Russell, Brook Lopez. As much as you love his offense, he has to get better on that end or else when Dwight comes back, his butt is going to the bench. ... Jones is giving you no reason to put him on the bench.

DH: A lot to like about D-Mo. ... There was a time tonight he had a spin, perfect for a dunk and went up soft and Thompson sent it, vicious block. You have to be more physical.

Both agreed right call not to rent Dragic.

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Sweet, thanks, Clutch! We are all on such a Rockets high after yesterday and this will help get me my personal fix.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Who can teach DMo to be more nasty on rebounding?

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

At 12:50 you can hear The Joker in the background

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great podcast. I thought Harden's defense yesterday was superb. He really was ready for the BIG one ( King James). Harden's case for the MVP really got much stronger with this performance.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He needs to go back to the Dream. He can teach him when to dunk, when to make a layup, and how to box out. D-Mo just needs to be an average rebounder 6-7 a game on a consistent basis.

Cut his minutes to 24 max, and keep Dorsey in the game for 7 minutes.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The moment TJ was inserted into the starting line up, DMO burned down his log cabin in the woods and gave away his adopted wolves.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Is it because DMo now has to guard the 5 while before that was Dorsey's man and DMo was matched up with the 4?

With TJones, DMo is the 5 and he struggles against beating the opposing 5s on rebounding.

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

Hey Clutch, why are you always doing a podcast with this writer from CultureMap and not the other sports writer... :p

19. Play07

Play07 Member

it did however curry going 14-22 an efficient 37point game, seems to be the norm now. No one spoke of it even in the NBA thread. I really want to harden to win MVP but this will be a tough call, but cant avoid what curry is doing also 50-40-90

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I do agree that D-Mo playing the 5 is contributing to his struggles rebounding the ball. He gets tossed around a lot now. A lot of fans think his natural position should be the Center spot though. I disagree.

TJ is playing too we'll to come off the bench now so D-Mo has to figure it out.