1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: Dragic and Bledsoe "don't look happy"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's only Simmons reading things as "the Body Language Doctor" so take it for what it is worth, but he said during the latest BS Report with Zach Lowe that he doesn't think that PHX looks as good as they did last season and Dragic and Bledsoe don't look so happy, perhaps because of sharing minutes with Isaiah Thomas.

http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303...erer=http://grantland.com/podcasts/bs-report/

Edit: Oops. Decided to post this on the cyberx thread instead and accidentally hit post in both places. Sorry.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Of course it's just reading the tea leaves... But that is what they look like currently.

Not the start Phoenix hoped for in a brutal Western Conference.

The problem isn't so much the three point guards, it's that they are all so relatively similar. All are generally scorer first. None are amazing defenders. All are better with ball in their hands a lot.

Have to see how it plays out. Would be dumb of Phoenix to ultimately lose Dragic for nothing.

3. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just feel like none of them are passers and that's why they have a problem. Bledsoe is a top 3 defender at the PG position. When he's healthy, he's even better than Bev defensively. Dragic is a plus defender with score first mentality. Thomas is the only one that's brutally bad on defense, but his offense is excellent and should be a great 6th man type.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I will never understand what their GM was doing on the PG front.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Isaiah frequently plays more minutes than both of them and closed Sunday's game while Bledsoe & Gogi rode the bench. I drafted Bledsoe in fantasy and deeply regret it. :-/

6. mig0s

mig0s Member

Well at least phoenix is winning. But Thomas is indeed a good player. He should start over overpaid bledsoe and overrated dragic

7. conquistador#11

first 5 games, dragic was not even looking for his shot, just standing around. he looked like lowry did when he would play next to him.
    2 pgs can't coexist at the same time. I didn't want to believe that in 2011, when some poster said that to me but it's true.

8. NotChandlerParsons

Signing a 20ppg scorer to a 6 million dollar a year contract. If it doesn't work out they can trade him for something in return. It was a pretty good use of their cap space IMO.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

kings playing better and suns playing worse -- what's the connection?

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

My ideal scenario for us is Phoenix and Atlanta to struggling and they are sitting in February with limited hope of making the playoffs and two expiring contracts in Dragic and Millsap.

11. Carl Herrera

- I think 2 PGs, Bledsoe and Goran, can and did play together very well. But with 3 of then it is hard to have enough minutes and touches to keep everyone happy.

You can try to play all 3 at the same time but against some match-ups it just won't work and Gerald Green is a guy who deserves and wants minutes at SG so somebody is gonna sit, and sit in crunch time, and be unhappy about it most likely.

- Isaiah Thomas may be one of those guys that teammates don't particularly enjoy playing with. Very good at scoring but maybe dominates the ball more than teammates would like and doesn't create for teammates that much. Add to this the fact that he isn't a good defender and you might not love him on your team.

- Simmons speculated about Cleveland, with GM LeBron, maybe trading Irving for Bledsoe plus something else. I think this might make some sense. Too early to tell with Cleveland but they can use a better defender and Bledsoe is great on that end.

12. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Did they say anything about Houston on the podcast?

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

come back home Dragic

14. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

I've watched like 3 PHX games and was thinking the exact same thing. They can't say anything thought, because they don't have that bad a record.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Slovenia? or Phoenix? He was drafted by the Suns... Ilirija Ljubljana might need a decent point guard, but I'm not sure they have the money he commands...

16. delishman

delishman Member

YIKES SPIKES! With Thomas playing this well one will likely have to go..

#CHRISINAZ

17. Handles

Handles Member

Yea I drafted dragic. He's doing even worse :(

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

"expiring contracts have no value anymore"

19. Carl Herrera

They said Dwight is a legit MVP candidate. Looks close to "Orlando Dwight."

They are still useful as fillers to make salary matching work under the rules. If you want something valuable, you have to provide the "value in return" by other means (draft picks and what not) and use the expiring contracts to fill out the salary matching void.

#19 Carl Herrera, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  20. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

no love for Harden tho? smh.