1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Met the Rockets Players and Staff Today (pictures)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moose, Nov 13, 2008.

1. moose

moose Member

My cousin’s friend works at a hotel in downtown San Antonio where all the road teams stay. So last night my cousin asks me if I want to go meet the Rockets tomorrow. I laughed and thought he was kidding, turns out he wasn’t. His friend said that the Rockets are coming over on Thursday around 4:00 p.m. from Phoenix and asked if we wanted to come over to meet them. Hell yeah! So today right after our classes we headed to the hotel. We missed them by ten minutes, but our friend said they are probably going to go out later since it Ron’s birthday and the River Walk night life. When we were in the lobby, Jack Sikma was walking around looking for a place to work. We didn’t take any pictures with him because he looked busy. I just said hey coach and good luck tomorrow. Later I saw him looking over video from the Bucks and Spurs game from last night on his laptop. He was pausing and righting notes. Glad he was doing his homework. We bumped into AB outside hotel, he was real nice and said he was feeling good about tomorrow. He’s actually a really goofy being the first one out of their room and running outside cracking jokes with Elson Turner and some of what looked like to be the equipment managers.

[​IMG]

Later in the lobby we saw Coach Adelman, I said hello from a distance but he looed pissed so we let him be. We found out from Brent Barry that he always looks likes that. We saw Brent outside alone waiting for a ride. He was probably the nicest Rocket. I thought we were supposed to be asking him questions but it was the other way around. We chopped it up for a good 5 minutes. He said he was going home to sleep on his own bed. He was telling us how the veterans made Joey Dorsey sing Happy Birthday TWICE, on the plane and after the Phoenix game. Lol. He also had his right hand tapped up. He said he sprained his finger last night. I think it may have been when Barbosa goal-tended his shot. He said he would be okay. He asked us where we were from, Houston, and what our plans were for tonight. Well lets just say, we’re back at school studying… Brent was a really nice guy and very down to earth. He asked us if were going to be at the game, which we are, he said thanks for the support and keep up the faith.

[​IMG]

My cousin talked to David Macha, the strength and conditioning coach. He basically said there is no time table for Shane, but he’ll be back soon. He said he has no idea on Francis.
    Keith Jones was really nice also. We just said hi to him from a distance, but didn’t expect him to come up to us and talk. So Later, Ron Artest came down to the lobby and sat on one of the coaches and talked to Elson Turner, we didn’t try to talk to them because they looked busy. A few minutes later, Yao comes down, wow this guy is a tower. A lady tried to get a picture with Yao but he said no. So when we saw that, we didn’t bother trying. Later Yao went out with Carl Landry and two other people (didn’t know who they were). He was wearing black Rockets sweats and sweater. I was really surprised that Yao would go out at night in San Antonio without any security. Someone came up to Yao and asked him to autograph his basketball. Yao got the ball and read that it was NIKE. Yao said this is NIKE and points to his sweater, only REEBOK, and he gives the ball back to the guy. I thought that was cold, but oh well. So Ron was alone and we asked him we can get a picture, which he was cool with. He asked us where were from and asked wth we’re doing in San Antonio, we go to school here. He asked if we had tickets for the game. He was real nice.

[​IMG]

When we left, I saw a guy sit on the couch across Ron and starting taking pictures of him. Ron noticed him doing that without his consent so he got up and walked away. He turned back and saw that the guy had his camera is on. He said something to him but I didn’t hear it. Lol kid was messing with the wrong cat. We saw Shane going out to party, he wasn’t wearing the red coat. He was really cool. Said he should be back soon.

[​IMG]

Once we decided to leave, Luther comes out with his kid and wife/girlfriend? Coach Adelman and his wife caught a cab and went out. We let them be. What really impressed me was, when everyone went out to party, on his birthday, Ron went to go workout. I saw him catch a cab with his duffle bag with his sneakers and practice gear, he went with David Macha. I thought that was awesome. Didn’t get to see T-Mac, figured he was sleeping. Didn’t see Rafer, Chuck, DJ, or Luis. Matt Bullard asked us if we saw the brawl last night. Him and David Macha said they have no idea if Rafer will be suspended.

It was a great experience, and we just want to thank all the Rockets players and staff for talking to us. It was truly an amazing experience and we understand what they go through in every city. Once again a HUGE THANK YOU to the Rockets players and staff for being extremely nice.

2. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Good stuff.

At least your not like everyone else..

I seen T mac at McDonalds yesterday but my cell phone camera broke.

lol

3. Convictedstupid

Reebok probably has something in the contract with yao that he is only allowed to sign anything basketball related reebok brand?

Wouldnt surprise me.

And thats really tight that you guys got to meet all them.

I love how aaron walks around in that hoodie...

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

You didn't do anything crazy like follow them to their hotel rooms?... :eek:

5. overu

overu Member

nice pics! :cool:

6. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

At least Shane wasn't in his red blazer, lol.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Must of been a good experience.

Lol @ Yao telling the lady no.

8. Ismail

Ismail Member

That red blazer should be a staple for all Rockets players. It's so identifiable, it's awesome.

9. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

LOL your buddy is taller than Brooks. His hands look to big to be on his body.

Nice pics!

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So which coach did Ron Artest sit on? :D

11. Ducky

Ducky Member

SO NICE~ ;)

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If only Yao would reject people like that out on the court.

13. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Yao being mean? Oh yeah I forgot he is married now :)

14. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

that was awesome!

goo read =)

15. GMAC

GMAC Member

Didn't you guys follow Yao Ming home to take pictures with his mom?

16. moose

moose Member

uhh no

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Great thread Moose! A rare 5-star.

18. arthur2010

arthur2010 Member

impressed by aron's size in the pic...

19. Tmac-is-numero1

HAHAHA

20. DrRafay

DrRafay Member

why do you assume that? oh thats right all brown people look alike right? lets not be ignorant...bad ass pics :cool: