1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas A&M football thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Aggies are coming off a 9-4 season last year. They are ranked as high as #8 coming into this season.

I expect big things from this team since they are returning key players on offense and defense.

Notable games this year:
    vs Ok St
    vs Arkansas
    vs Missouri
    @ Ok
    vs Texas

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Big 12 refs will have it out for TAMU. Also, they wind up losing to UT. Just a hunch.

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Can't wait ... Am going to be flying home for Thanksgiving and going to the Texas game ... I'm really hoping we are at least 10-1 going into that game!

I hope this team does not overlook SMU with all that is going on. They are better than most give them credit and we are going to be under the microscope this weekend.

No matter what happens with the refs, I think we Aggies just have to take it on the chin and not complain (impossible I know). But maybe after all the commotion about Nebraska last year, it wont be as obvious.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hopefully not. Nebraska got hosed man. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm just not worried about SMU. How many 3-4's do they see? We have a solid secondary. I expect to dominate that game on both sides of the line.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

wasn't the game that nu was hosed the most against aggy?

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

I see aggie finishing in the top 10 this year and will destroy UT by 20+ in at college station. Successful season for aggies.

7. RocketManJosh

I don't disagree that there were certainly some questionable calls against NU in that game.

The game against Texas was very similar in nature.

That said, they have a coach that boils it over the top and makes his team a team of "hot heads" that let emotions make the situation worse.

Hopefully Sherman will handle it better than Pelini

8. RocketManJosh

And by the way ... "aggy" is reserved as smack talk for members of schools that actually play A&M. Don't think the Bobcats will be on the A&M schedule anywhere in the near future ;)

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i know...they're about to not be in the southland, so not attractive to aggy. ;)

10. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

there schedule is pretty tough, so i dont see them ending up in the top 10

@ttu, okstate, mizzou, arkansas, UT-- i see them losing at least 2 but more than likely 3

im interested to see how theyll do vs SMU tomorrow..if they blow them out then a top 10 finish sounds reasonable

11. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

not to mention @OU is a loss for sure, losing 3 out of the 5 in the previous post + OU is 4 losses right there, doubtful they will finish in the top 10

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

You do know that you're very weak at trolling, right? I mean, really bad. Don't make it so obvious in all of the threads you **** in.

1 person likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Phil Steele has em in the BCS. Fine by me. I don't think the SMU game will be any kind of gauge whatsoever. The Arkansas game will though.

14. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Is Kyle field all in bowties?

15. SacTown

SacTown Member

Awwww longhorn fan got his feelings hurt because the Aggies have a good squad this year. It's ok - Texas will return to arrogance one day.

1 person likes this.
  16. Rocketfanatic2

Solid game today. After our defense adjusted to SMU's playing style, we looked great. It's going to be tough for anyone to stop our running game with Gray and Michael pounding it. There's still some things to fix before we play Oklahoma State, but I'm confident that we'll be able to address them. Being at the game was awesome, and I'm looking forward to being in the stands again against Idaho. Gig Em!

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Straight up handled em.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

No chance. Nice game. Aggies looking good to start off the season.

19. Rocketfanatic2

20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

How did we end up with only three nonconference games, resulting in a bye this week?