1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Video Game] Rocket League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AtheistPreacher, Jul 17, 2015.

1. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Got my plat. Trophy now it will collect dust lol

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Add PSN:RAZCAN so I can get some easy wins.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is it still free on PS4?

4. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Out of curiosity, for those of you who are Houston based. What are you ping times on this game?

I'm getting an inconsitent 4ms to 44ms.

Game still plays fine, just curious if I'm being put on servers that are farther away than usual

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I just started playing it, looks fun.

PSN: Oscar_TheGroucho

7. hmurry5

hmurry5 Member

Just got this when it came out on Xbox One on Tuesday and it's honestly the best $20 I've ever spent.

8. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Got it a couple of nights ago but havent played it yet. Looking forward to playing it with the wife and kids.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Want it for 360, but I don't think it'll make it.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I played this quite a bit when they still had "Snow Day" but I haven't really played it since they pulled that map.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I know its coming to Xbox One, but I'm not sure about the 360. They should since a lot of people still have 360s and use them I'm sure.

Personally I rarely turn on my PS3 since I got my PS4

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I hope they're prepared to see you curse at them mercilessly for hours and hours when they let goals slip by or mess up an assist.

13. hmurry5

hmurry5 Member

Or when you're on the verge of scoring a crucial goal and they come boosting out of nowhere and send you flying back to your own goal..

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'll probably get this if it's only 20 bucks. Can you do split screen multiplayer?

15. hmurry5

hmurry5 Member

Yes you can.

16. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

I did really like that mode. It was good for people like me who suck at the air game, because the puck was rarely in the air, just went all over the walls, which I could deal with. Still, the loss of that mode still hasn't slowed down my play; I've logged over 100 hours on it now, and gotten three friends interested.

Speaking of complaints, one small thing I don't like is that they include that non-standard desert map in the rotation. Personally, I think that should be a mutator option, but not in standard modes.

When I started the thread I said it was the best sports game I'd ever played, and my opinion on that hasn't changed. 2015 was a very good year for video games. Five games got released this year that could have all been my #1 in a less jam-packed year (Rocket League, Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and Metal Gear Solid 5).

17. DuDDleyDawsonII

This is the only game I been playing .I stopped playing NBA 2k because we suck and ,I haven't been feeling the Rockets lately . Im on ps4 ERB-N-WAREFARE

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I saw ESPN posted something about rocket league being the future of eSports and I was dumbfounded... It's fun for an hour or so but I can't see people spending a ton of time mastering this game.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I can see that point of view coming from someone who hasn't played online. I've been playing online since day 1 via splitscreen multiplayer on my end. Haven't played a game this long since SF2 for SNES.

20. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

bought this game awhile back when it was on sale on steam. finally getting around to it since i got a controller for my PC. guess it takes lots of practice? i suck...played a 1v1 game online lost 14-0 haha. brutal