1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Met Carroll Dawson at the Red & White

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cson, Jan 16, 2005.

1. cson

cson Contributing Member

So as a birthday gift my wife got me tickets to the game last night & dinner at the Red & White (kinda expensive, the food is really jut "ok", but they had sushi & the place looks cool)

But as we were waiting to be seated, CD was standing right in front of us, (no pictures) so I said "Hello" and "Its a real honor to meet you, thanks for all you've done for the team" Regular stuff you say to people you don't know but want to say you met. And he was so cool. He said "Well thank ya'll for coming out. Can you believe this place (the restaraunt) I'm here everyday & still can't believe how nice it is." Then we just stood there all awkward & waiting. And he said "Yeah... sorry, I'm just a little nervous. I'm always nervous before games." And I said something else like "We've been playing real well" or whatever. But he was a really nice, friendly accomidating guy.

That's what I got for my birthday...oh, and we won:D

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

My girlfriend get me these tickets for Christmas and I was going to make reservations at Red & White, but I ended up just forgetting about it. Maybe I shouldn't have.
    :(

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

he's always nervous before games - him and me both. caroll dawson cares man.

hey, he is still the best damn GM in the league. and all the jeff van gundy haters, their faces may be fat, but they won't be able to eat all their crow and will have to pass their plates to the CD haterz. so they all need to get their digistive systems ready cause there is gonna be more than enough crow to eat for the both of 'em.

4. droxford

droxford Member

Hey - By the way...

I met Tim MacDougall (Rockets VP of Marketing) at the Rockets Holiday party.

Tim says that he is no longer able to log on to the bbs during the days. Some kind of restriction prevents him from doing so. He can only log on from home.

And, yes, I have pictures.

-- droxford

5. yaomania

yaomania Contributing Member

Actually it's not just for him - no one in the Rockets/Toyota Center offices can log into clutchfans.com from work.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Is that a Clutch restriction or one instituted on the Rockets end?

DD

7. yaomania

yaomania Contributing Member

My suspicions are that it's from the Rockets end. It's probably just as well - before the ban, I'd walk around and probably 1/3 of the screens were on clutchcity/clutchfans

8. Texas Stoke

are you serious?

you've prolly met him but dont make him seem like he's a damn robot protecting some ******* nuclear facility.

9. Pimphand24

Pimphand24 Member

I guess Yao Ming was surfing Clutchfans too much and was getting depressed over the trade Yao threads. Gotta protect your big man, even if it means cutting off access to the Indian Rapper thread.

10. Texas Stoke

hey pimphand you may not post often but when you do dont' make me spit out my red wine out all over the fecking,, what is this in front of me... the fecking screen board. that aint cool.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL! What's funny is that their Marketing department probably really does use ClutchFans as a sounding board to gain the pulse of the Rockets fans.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He changed the name from Clutch City to Clutch Fans, and the Rockets owned the rights to Clutch City.

Whatever, I was just asking.

Dd