1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Recommendation) Roofing company

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by asianballa23, Feb 10, 2016.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Know any reputable and dependable roofing company in the Houston area, or anyone who works at or own one?

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I had to replace a roof about 2 years ago. I used Petersen Dean.

Roofers will give you all kinds of warranties...but you want to make sure you're hiring a group that is likely to be around to honor that warranty if you need them to.

Get a few bids and go from there.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

homeremedyhouston(dot)com

4. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

you used them for roofing, or...?

no leaking so far?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Used them to redo a large rooftop terrace which can be big trouble (it was leaking). No more leaks. Solid work and highly recommended on Angie's List.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have a good recommendation but I will warn you not to use Odyssey roofing. They replaced my roof after hurricane Ike and I immediately had a couple places that leaked during hard rain storms. I couldn't even get them to answer their phone most days. I did finally get them to agree to come look at it one time when they answered and then they just showed up. Horrible company.

7. mikus

mikus Member

Is this residential or commercial? The roofing company will give you an estimate of which the primary component is the tiling materials which are measured in 10x10 ft "squares". I've seen companies grossly miscalculate the squares for a house both over and under estimating the materials required. If their estimate doesn't seem right, you can easily verify the number of squares for your roof by using Eagleview to confirm the number. You can just order the cheapest report which I believe is $15 and get a square count from them that uses satellite imaging.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rockroofing&construction

Ask for Dalton, free estimate, family friend is owner.

9. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I have a good friend who owns one. Never had a roof done as I am a renter but they did my mother's. Very honest and fair.

Email me Alex@printology.com

10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

got a name so I can tell him who referred me?

11. distence

distence Contributing Member

llamar Mr. Norman

12. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Sorry that is my email, I don't want to put someone's email or name on here for others to see. Just email me and I will give you their info. Not looking for anything other than to help you and give them a chance to earn business