1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Objectively, these Rockets are unwatchable garbage

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NicktheBrick, Feb 7, 2016.

1. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

I am blown away by the fervent hometown passion for the Rockets shown in these forums. You people love basketball and you love Houston and you love the Rockets.

The Rockets have a solid history of winning with class and style. Many of you are old enough to further appreciate this.

Having gotten these bona fides out of the way, in my opinion these Rockets are unwatchable garbage. They are the laziest team on defense I have ever seen. And they continue to rely on iso plays on offense far too much.

If they weren't the hometown team, and didn't have their history, nobody could watch them outside James Harden's immediate family.

Morey has put this abomination together piece by piece. But Morey plays the media like a cheap violin so nobody ever calls for him to be held accountable.

4 people like this.
  2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Blow it up....

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I was watching a 76ers game and they show more effort than we do on D. It's pretty pathetic how we fell so low from last season.

4. omgTHEpotential

Last season Harden felt that he had a legitimate shot at an MVP. That's why this team went so far - because Harden wanted to prove he was worth that individual award, not because he wanted to win a ring.

This season, with Curry's fantastic performance, Harden crumbled mentally. He doesn't feel like he can win the MVP, so why even bother playing with effort. He doesn't care about any rings anyway.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden gave up when he realized he has no shot at ring + mvp this year. He's ready to walk if Morey doesn't sign Durant this off-season.

6. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing. I'm all for using analytics but you think at some point if you can't shoot you'd adjust the offense. Makes you wonder who is really calling the plays.

They are just not likeable either, which is weird because individually I like our guys.

1 person likes this.
  7. omgTHEpotential

I'm not convinced that Harden ever wanted to win a ring. For me he seems like an individual award chaser, not a winner.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I remember having SO much fun watching the 09-12 teams. Brooks awesome MIP year, Scola being a borderline all star, Lowry growing from a bench player into a star, Dragic was sweet, Martin had 20 ppg seasons, Buddinger and Parsons dunking on people...

I feel like we underperformed in 13-14, last year was great but injury riddled... And them this year has been about as enjoyable as watching the human centipede.

1 person likes this.
  9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dunno why this stuff needs to be repeated
    the rockets aren't giving anything near 100% this season
    there's no need for their fans to watch them every game. only some games

10. rawool

rawool Member

After every loss this season, I told myself that it was just one game; that we'll learn and get better. I believed in all the excuses from our coaching to injuries. All the turnovers, missed layups and blown assignments on defense, I believed it was just plain bad luck. But today's game was the straw that broke the camel's back; this season's Houston Rockets just aren't that good.

As a Rockets fan outside of Houston, I have developed a thick skin when talking about our team and its current roster. The lack of leadership, effort and consistency however have made it hard to continue defending this current team.

I'm not sure what to expect at this point. I don't think a trade will help us get past the potential teams (GSW, SAS, OKC) we would face in the first round. All I can hope is that we're in a better position for the off-season and beyond.

1 person likes this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Harden had many of his worst games at the beginning of the season, this "gave up because of Curry's great season" narrative is false. He had it all in his hands and played like sh** from day 1. Don't know what happened in the off-season, but he hasn't been the same.

1 person likes this.
  12. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Not even Cyberx can save us now . . .

13. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Trade Harden to LAC.

14. Ronkol

Ronkol Member

It's not just Harden, the whole system is friggin disgusting to watch. Even if we have a good run during a game it's atrocious to watch. And when it's bad it's like the OP states: Unwatchable.

And GS shows a small ball 3 heavy offense can be cool to watch. Yeah we are not GS, but does this sentence us to this garbage? GTFO.

Bad results... that's sad. But the entertainment factor is far worse than the results. :mad:

1 person likes this.
  15. PeppermintCandy

I'm waiting to see what Morey is able to swing before the trade deadline. If it is nothing, i would be left with little expectation for this season.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think even if we change the actors, the director and screenplay are still utter crap anyways

17. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Yeah this is the most unwatchable rockets team I've have ever seen,. No effort, no heart, no system. Plain and simple a overrate superstar that's simply better as a 6th man.

1 person likes this.
  18. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

We need more threads like this, honest and straight forward, can't watch games anymore, what a boring year

1 person likes this.
  19. Raven

Raven Member

Harden is number two in scoring, and the Rockets are a top eight team, so it's all going to work out, am I right?

:rolleyes:

The flip side is that Curry is averaging two more points per game while playing almost five fewer minutes per game.

Harden is like the soft drink of the NBA = empty calories.

1 person likes this.
  20. underrated015

underrated015 Member

This team is worse than the early 2000 year rockets teams in terms of hustle, discipline, and heart on both sides of the ball . No fight. We rely on 3s to win games. What kind of crap offense is that? If this is Moreyball, throw that crap in the dumpster because this team is garbage.

1 person likes this.