1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer: FIRE MOREY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 20, 2010.

1. dmoneybangbang

.... A faceless MIT nerd?

Christ don't quit your job at Starbucks...

2. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Morey didn't do anything right, resign KJ 10m/3years, trade for Lawson, resign Brewer

3. Drogba

Drogba Member

It's hilarious how he's gone unscathed while Harden's the lightning rod for all the criticism and frustration this year.

This is the same moron that has refused to hire a real coach. He's even brainwashed our fans into believing coaching matters little. As if the Warriors didn't go from a first round exit into an all time great team after they swapped Mark Jackson with Steve Kerr.

Unless you're LeBron James or have two Top 5 players like OKC you're not going to get very far in this League without being well coached.

4. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Bring in Billy King?

5. dmoneybangbang

...right. Because the Warriors are historically good because of coaching this year?

Too many people are looking for simple answers to a complex problem.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">James Harden has ended 407 possessions this season with a 1-on-1 matchup—that’s 57 more than the Warriors as a TEAM <a href="https://t.co/KfObNa2SY5">pic.twitter.com/KfObNa2SY5</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/697208418151460864">10. Februar 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just saw this, at one point people do have to admit that Morey has completely failed at:
    1: Implementing a working philosophy
    2: Assembling a roster to go with it
    3: Implementing a real coaching staff

7. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

8. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

this is the time to shake it up with an asset trade

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think Les is aware - and has put him on the hot seat.

And deservedly so.

DD

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who cares that much. Harden and Howard should go first before Morey goes.

That is just my 2 Cents. I would give Morey a last chance to go through the draft.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This team takes the personality of it's GM. As long as this doofus is going around telling people we are still good and that everyone is scared of us in the Playoffs, this team is going to keep believing it and feel entitled. Morey built a front office full of yes man and hired a weak coaching staff who won't dare disagree with his principles. Morey thinks he's smarter than everyone else and can't handle being challenged.

12. DaDakota

Nah, I think his philosophy is a failed one, we need a team oriented approach, should have NEVER gotten rid of Adelman that was an EPIC fail on his part.

Bring back Steve Patterson, he built our first championship team.

DD

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I guarantee you there is no universe in which Les would agree with you about Adelman.

14. dmoneybangbang

So you think Morey wants this much isolation? Perhaps morey has less say on the execution on the floor as some folks assume.

What is a working philosophy?

We have had a decent team the entire time under his tenure regardless of coaching staff. This year is essentially a year where most everything has gone wrong. The "real coaching staff" is just nonsense, I wouldn't be sad if JBB didn't return but that entire coaching staff has been around the game for a long.

Let's see what route we take this deadline. Firing Morey would just be shortsighted and would just be another big step back.

15. DaDakota

I guarantee that Le$ is a cheap assed owner, whom we as Rocket fans would be all better off if he sold the team.

DD

16. dmoneybangbang

And what is this failed philosophy?

17. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Making barkley look wise of his bashING of morey

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who cares that much. Harden and Howard should go first before Morey goes.

That is just my 2 Cents. I would give Morey a last chance to go through the draft.

19. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I can't believe people thought this garbage team assembled by Maury was going to legitimately compete for a championship after a fluke WCF appearance. Currently, they can barely compete for an 8th seed in the NBA playoffs where more than half the teams in the league make the post-season, smh.

20. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Morey needs to be fired. This is a garbage roster he has put together around howard and harden. Lawson is making 11 million to do absolutely nothing and all of our bigs have very little skill.