1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zach Lowe: Terrence Jones could be asking for $15M per year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigred77, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Going through all that he went through last year could have robbed him of some of his athleticism and since that's just about all he brought to the table to begin with, it would be the cause of him falling off so much this year to where he's unplayable most of the time.

Now there's a chance that in time he manages to get some of that back and goes back to being a decent bench guy, but it's not a guarantee, he really could be out of the league in a few years.

2. basketballholic

Hard to tell whether the nerve injury robbed him of a little of his athleticism or whether it was him lifting weights and adding roughly 25 lbs to his frame. Frankly I thought he was a more effective player before his weight gain. He was faster before that.

#842 basketballholic, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  3. dmoneybangbang

That and getting poked multiple times in the eye going up for a basket. Poor kid has had so many weird accidents and injuries, minor and major.

Whether or not the nerve issue is really a big issue still, his confidence around the basket is waning.

Capela is another guy with waning confidence around the rim due to his poor free throw shooting in my opinion.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Lots of bad teams in the east will probably give Jones close to 15mil to start for them.

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Like who?

6. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Like the Far East?

1 person likes this.
  7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Hahaha repped.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

his best report is on ricky rubio and all the claims on him

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Looks like the Rockets are committed to Jones. Sorry, Bobby and Bholic.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol pay this fraud. I'm sure Morey will get a cut of it later.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Please trade this guy, even if it is for a second round pick.

13. hvic

hvic Member

The Far East will pay him in rice

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, given Morey's handling of the deadline, it wouldn't shock me anymore if he does give Jones 15 mil a year.

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

Shout out to all Terrence Jones die hard fans: Balldon'tlie, chenjy9, daywalker02, Dhoward12, DonKnock, Drogba, for-three, hakeemthagreat, Htownballer38, Mr. Clutch, oakdogg, Patman87, PJ86, Play07, RESINator, Rocketeer4Life, tinman, YOLO, Zoplicone

Lets hope your beloved player is still in the NBA next year, despite not cracking the rotation of sub .500 team in his 4th year, at the weakest position in that team. Zach Love and quite a lot of reporters SOMEHOW still think that Jones is a good player with a very good future. Probably only people who watched Rockets play for the last 2 years are Rockets fans, minus the previously mentioned Clutchfans posters.

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You seriously need to chill out. Relax.

We're Rockets fans. We want the team to do well, with or without TJ.

Edit: What is the rationale for naming all of those posters? It's like you've written down a list of people who have different views than yours. Don't you find that a bit odd and childish? I can't count how many people disagree with me, but I absolutely have love for my fellow Rockets fans, even when we agree to disagree. And, isn't that the point of a discussion board? To "discuss," or in the case of the GARM, to criticize and evaluate the actions of the players and the Rockets as a whole? You should learn to appreciate Clutchfans a bit more. You won't find intelligent, die hard fans like the posters here ANYWHERE else.

And to what seems to be your main point: I seriously doubt anyone here is a die hard TJ fan. His season has been well below expectations, and the majority of Rockets fans acknowledge it. Just because people hold an opinion that he isn't nearly as "bad" as you believe doesn't mean that they're any less than you. It's what we call an opinion. Yes, we are ALL well aware that you love DMo. That's cool. I'm a fan also. However, I'm a Rockets fan first and foremost. Like any player on this team, DMo is fair game to criticize for his many flaws. I go hard on Clint. It's all good.

If someone discusses DMo in a way that isn't flattering, that doesn't mean they're a hater, or as you seem to believe, a "die hard TJ fan." One doesn't relate to the other. Stop trying to create some sort of battle that really doesn't exist among fans.

I'd assume that most posters here are more concerned about the team's success over any given player's accolades.

Relax and try to find some enjoyment in the season. Support your team. Appreciate the discussions and disagreements here. Stop taking critiques of DMo personally.

#856 Codman, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TJ was a waste of a pick.

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You got me fucced up

19. Fantasma Negro

Well what can I say, I'm a Rockets fan. I cheer for my team, I guess my way of being a fan is more similar to the fandom of European fubol fans. Where you could get stabbed in North London if the Spurs beat Arsenal. Or the bellows of Alabama where if you say "Roll Tide" in the wrong neighborhood you wouldn't make it home to brag about it. I cheer for my team, whether we're winning or we're losing I cheer for my team. So I said Terrence Jones could be a respectable nba power forward, guess what I still believe that. Why because he's wearing a Rockets uniform. Why would I ever hope for any element of this team to fail, I'm not just cheering the players on the court but the front office. If they get something wrong the whole organization becomes a joke. When Kevin Mchale was hired I didn't like it but I accepted it and hoped he would take this team to multiple championships and become the winningest coach in Rockets history. Didn't happen, and I'm rooting for goofy as J.B Bickerstaff. And I rooted for Mo Taylor, and Stromile Swift, and Rod Strickland, and Torre Bragg, and Gabe Muoneke, and Kelvin Cato, and Walt Williams, and Juwon Howard, and Pau Ga...I'm forgetting the point of writing this. Oh yeah, I want my Rockets to succeed, when they play like crap I acknowledge it but I never hope for a player wearing a Rockets uniform to have a bad career just so I could say I told you so, I wouldn't do that with anyone's career, in any profession. I'm a Rockets fan and if cheering for our player because they're on my team makes me a homer, well that the exact ****ing point of being a fan *******. So keep calling me out and I'll keep cheering for our player #rednation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

1 person likes this.
  20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

WTF?!!! You are a weird, little dude. I don't think you are familiar with my posts on TJones or anybody. Regardless, you, holic, and Bobby should be ashamed of cheering whenever TJones misses a shot - we all know you do.