1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 1/17/2013

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Watching this Knicks-Pistons game and realized we don't have much of a setup for discussing NBA games.

If big things (great plays, dunks, buzzer beaters, stories, confrontations, etc.) happen, please do continue to create a new thread as well to discuss those. This may take awhile to build, but if you think this would be a good thing, we'll start creating a daily thread to discuss that day's NBA games.

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=5><tr style='color:#ffffff;background-color:#000099;font-size: 14px;font-family: Arial;text-shadow: 0 2px 0 rgba(0,0,0,1);'><td colspan=2><b>Visitor</b></td><td colspan=2><b>Home</b></td><td><b>Game Time</b></td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Knicks Leaders:</b><BR>C. Anthony 29.3 ppg<br>T. Chandler 10.9 rpg</td><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Pistons Leaders:</b><BR>G. Monroe 15.5 ppg<br>G. Monroe 9.2 rpg</td><td valign=middle>3:00 pm<BR><b>(NBATV)</b></td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#eeeeee;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Clippers Leaders:</b><BR>B. Griffin 17.7 ppg<br>B. Griffin 8.4 rpg</td><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Timberwolves Leaders:</b><BR>K. Love 18.3 ppg<br>K. Love 14.0 rpg</td><td valign=middle>8:00 pm<BR><b>(TNT)</b></td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Bucks Leaders:</b><BR>M. Ellis 18.8 ppg<br>L. Sanders 8.4 rpg</td><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Suns Leaders:</b><BR>G. Dragic 14.1 ppg<br>M. Gortat 9.1 rpg</td><td valign=middle>9:00 pm</td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#eeeeee;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Heat Leaders:</b><BR>L. James 26.0 ppg<br>L. James 8.1 rpg</td><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Lakers Leaders:</b><BR>K. Bryant 29.9 ppg<br>D. Howard 12.6 rpg</td><td valign=middle>10:30 pm<BR><b>(TNT)</b></td></tr></table>

2. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Great idea Clutch!

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Good idea, thanks. In past seasons, there'd usually be a thread on games of that day, but no one stepped up this season to do that.

4. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Thanks, Clutch.

I haven't watched much Piston ball but Drummond looks pretty good out there in limited minutes. Is he for real or is this a rare game?

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is a very good thing.

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Off topic, the Pistons changed their logo to the motor horse? I never realized they stop using the basketball.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Hope Lakers vs. Heat is a close game until the end when Heat somehow win it (to knock the Lakers further down the playoff standings.)

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

11 points, 10 boards, 2 steals, 2 blocks in just 23 minutes. He has had several games like this, and he's only 19 years old.

I'm not sure he's got mega star potential because he plays more like an energy guy to me, but at that age, size and speed... I was surprised he fell as far as he did. NBA scouts must not have liked something for them to pass up that kind of potential.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Maybe something about his girlfriend didn't check out?

1 person likes this.
  10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice. I'm not sure about that though -- everyone keeps saying that wouldn't impact draft status :)

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lakers hanging in there with Miami. 16 turnovers and LA is still up by three.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

And Kobe only has 4 points on 2-9 shooting. I'd hate to see that team get going, but if they can stay healthy (big "if"), they might "click" here at some point.

For some reason I was a little surprised to hear Miami is 14-5 against the West. Even though they won it last year and have LeBron, I still expect East teams to not have that much success against the West on the whole.

OKC is 19-3 against the West ... that is nuts.

13. Karolik

Karolik Member

Is that Lin or Nash out there?

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have a sinking feeling Lakers will make the playoffs...

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They probably will. They're right behind us and only a few games out of the 7th seed.

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Could you imagine yourself saying that before the season .... that you'd be concerned the Lakers would make the playoffs? Crazy that this is where they are.

But I had a feeling that when Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose url=http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=7525492#post7525492]completely wrote them off from making the playoffs[/url] a week ago (and then flip-flopped badly yesterday) that it meant trouble. Way too early and too much talent to just write them off... they have looked terrible, but all it takes is a few of those stars to click together and they could get on a roll.

Key really is Howard though. Their defense has been weak... he needs to step up.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We'll see about the Lakers. They are up and down. One minute they look like a car wreck, next they are fine. Later out of nowhere they get leukemia and die. Then it turned out there were never any "Lakers" to begin with.

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'm still not convinced Howard is 100%. I think after the all star break we're gonna see more of the Dwight we know. The Lakers will more than likely make the playoffs, they have too many good players to not find a way to get in.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This wouldn't even be a big deal to me if the Rockets weren't directly in the line of fire. Rockets should have been looking at maybe a 4/5/6 spot (still time!) instead of hoping a talented Lakers team would implode. Hopefully it's the Blazers or Utah that miss the playoffs to let the Lakers in.

If the Lakers win this game I have no doubt everyone will look back and point to this game as the turning point. I think even a close loss would be encouraging for them...

20. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I am hoping they make the playoffs so bad and get the Clippers in the 1st round.... Lakers knocking Clippers out this year would be the funniest thing ever to me.