1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Increasing Urbanization of the Toyota Center Entertainment Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aceshigh7, Dec 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Quick someone make a "paging ashishduh" thread. What if he's the real insider??

2. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

You're an idiot.

Oh, and BTW, the biggest consumers of hip hop music are white people. You know, the race of people that sits atop the socioeconomic ladder.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Some of you people are being so sensative.

4. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Sorry bud.
    You're gettin old.
    Hip hop culture is now pop culture.

5. CrashTheBoards

Finally clicked this thread. It is what i expected. Read op, lol, skimmed first page, straight to last page.

This thread does not deserve more than that. Op dont like a certain type of urban. Good for him.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't think the guy who made this thread is as racist as some want to make him out to be...

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

8. Space City

Space City Member

Haha, "urban entertainment," "hood culture," "successful African American friends." I don't know why I didn't open this thread earlier, this is gold.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

The mix of serious posts, troll posts, sarcastic posts, and realistic posts warrants this as the front runner to win 'Best Threads of 2014'.

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Dont be OBTUSE, putting in points that dont even exist. Get out of here with that make-believe

You know I did NOT defend urban culture. At all. I only gave a short summary of how the OP's comment LOOKS and comes across to everyone.

I did NOT say he wants all rock music, thats a total straw man. I didnt mention what music he wanted. I just said HE's the one that attributed rock music to white people. No one put those words in his mouth.

And you intentionally ignored where I said for the record HE HAS A RIGHT TO HIS OPINION.

That means in some ways I can RESPECT and SUPPORT the op's stance.

Even more for the record, if I were entertainment director I would NOT play 90% hip hop. I would know in advance that it wont go over too well with everyone. In some people's mind doing things like And-1 streetball presentation brings some HYPE to the game that a safe corporate NBA doesnt. But I know those arent the majority of people at the actual games so I'd broaden the music.

(RPD's lets be real, dance teams are there cuz theyre hot and have nice bodies. Not much you can do to tone that down. As long as theyre not pole dancing, strip teasing and twerking)

So, shaddap

11. Victorious

Victorious Member

ahh the good 'ol "im not racist, i have black friends!" card. I love when people have to explain in detail that they are not racist lol. That white guilt is a motha f'er

12. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Exactly why do you think a group like Mig0s is so popular

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Shroopy, that guy is trying HARD to get an angry reaction. Not even worth your energy or a well-reasoned response. ;)

14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I like how OP goes to great lengths to disguise any semblance of prejudice in the thread title through word choice like "Urbanization" and then completely drops the ball halfway through the post with "baggy pants," "booty dance," and "hood culture." My personal favorite though is the tibit about "successful" African American friends who reinforce OP's views and non-racist credentials.

Although, I would have much preferred if OP had said something along the lines of: "As a season ticket holder, I'm not a fan of Toyota Center and Rockets Power Dancers' overwhelming use of Hip-Hop as the only musical style of entertainment available. Can we also do Pop, Rock, Country, and maybe even some NorteƱo music since I happen to be of Hispanic heritage and would appreciate some music that caters to me as well?"

See what I did there? ;)

15. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

Crappy music is still crappy music, doesn't matter if it is commercial hip hop, pop, rock or country. Toyota Center plays nothing but commercialized crap, which even looks pretty stupid when you have RPD doing some hard urbanized crunking.

Real music touches the heart and soul, not just your wallet and what is inside your pants.

My current Hip Hop artist:

Mos Def
    Atmosphere
    MF Doom
    Killer Mike & EL-P
    Pharcyde

My current rock artist:

Mogwai
    My Morning Jacket
    Real Estate
    Foxygen
    Deerhunter

16. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I avoided this thread cause I knew what it would be.

I don't think the OP is racist cause he don't like rap music. I question the other statments (garbage, urban, hood etc.). I'm black, grew up in the hood and would consider myself pretty successful, and I listen to all types of music (rap, r&b, pop, rock, country ect.) and they all have its good and bad. I don't listen to all rap, nor do I like all country but it doesn't make any of them garbage.

Music has nothing to do with race, cause I have European American friends (making fun of the African American label) that listen to more rap than I do. Plus I just went to the Beyonce and Jay Z concert (had to take my wife, lol) and there were European Americans (wink, wink) that knew more of Jay Z songs than I did.

Just go and enjoy the game. Gotta go to a concert if you wanna hear the music you like.

17. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

And you're simply a racist apologist and or a suspected racist yourself, so hopefully when you become more enlightened you'll better understand the fallacy of your current mindset.

18. Astrosfan1973

Astrosfan1973 Member

This is where political correctness gets you. Instead of saying plainly what you believe and what you want, people feel it necessary to qualify it and explain it until you can't help but question the motives of the OP. I'm not big on hip hop, but I also recognize that I'm not going to get the kind of music I want all the time. I also only go to a couple of games a year, so I focus on the game. I suppose if I went to 40 games a year I'd care more about the entertainment. Maybe it makes me a casual fan or someone without the disposable income to buy season tickets.

19. omgTHEpotential

Sorry for the bump :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D9yiZNXDP54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. omgTHEpotential

How's the entertainment this season?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.