1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McDonald's tests shrinking its menu

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, Dec 19, 2014.

1. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Does McDonalds have some sort of policy of not even out ketchup in the drive thru unless asked??

I swear the few times I ever been I get back to work w no fkn ketchup!!

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I likd McDonald's.

Not anywhere close to Taco Bell and JITB, but still Ok.

3. Summer Song Giver

It sucks. Can I have some ketchup? Can I have some napkins? How about a straw, thanks Mickey D's, you're the best.

I'm kidding about the straws and napkins to an extent but I guarantee if they thought they could get away with not including those things they absolutely would.

As a single guy who eats way too much FF, Mickey D's is the last resort and even then it's a Mcdouble and a spicy chicken, and still it's usually a "yeah and go **** yourself too Ronald Mac" type experience.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I used to like JITB.
    Hate it now. I remember their curly fries being good.

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

So the large menu is the problem..right.

Not the sh!tty food or poor customer service...

[​IMG]

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

This is the general idea..but unfortunately most of the thinking is still old school. Calories are everything, carbs are bad, fat is bad, cholesterol is bad..eat 8 meals, don't eat at night, eat your breakfast..

And any progress toward a healthier diet is ruined and marketed wrong by corporations for monetary gains.

Re: Greek yogurt, gluten free, "all-natural", organic, whole food, sugar-free, whole grain...

As long as we are consuming insane amount of sugar with the least amount of daily activity possible...we are not going anywhere.

7. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I agree. The problem is sugar and we consume lots of it. People don't realize, sugar comes in many forms - the healthy trail mix, cereals, fruits. I think sugar is the big issue with the American gut and unless we cut that out of our diet or reduce it, we're not going to get healthier any time soon.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with sugar in fruit

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

No one said that it wasn't.

Drinking orange juice is not the same thing as eating an orange.
    Juicing your fruits is not the same thing.

Yes..fundamentally sugar is sugar. It's the context and amount of it that makes the diff.

It takes 3-4 apples to make a cup of apple juice. 3-4 apples also give you 15 grams of fiber...something than can keep you full longer and slow down the release of all that fking sugar!

The over emphasis on fruit and not on vegetables is funny.

Avg Joe: hmm..so i must eat 5 servings of fruit and veggies...so i will eat 5 servings of fruit and 0 servings of veggies.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McDonald's in Japan to resume serving fries in all sizes after shortage <a href="http://t.co/9cTLHDOLB7">http://t.co/9cTLHDOLB7</a> <a href="http://t.co/zLoePpLCoC">pic.twitter.com/zLoePpLCoC</a></p>&mdash; NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/548552743640514561">December 26, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>