1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV]No More Thursday Night Sitcoms on NBC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dairy Ashford, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

In addition to the FCC indirectly forcing an excess of crime and medical shows to facilitate otherwise fine-able mature subject matter, and excessive consolidation towards scalable, risk-averse business models and cross-platform synergies, I blame reality television. When you go from taking bets on Fox, Seinfeld, Harrelson, Danson and Carrell to eating cheese mold and sticking fat people on truck scales to play catch up, you lose your compass.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/15/showbiz/nbc-thursday-comedy/index.html?hpt=hp_bn9

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The sad thing is that NBC has the only worth while watching basic Network sitcom that still even exists (Parks and Rec). Too many morons are watching channels like CBS that write for the dumbest of the dumb in this country

Network tv is dead anyway, has been for a while

3. magman

magman Member

I miss the The Office, Parks and Rec, Community, 30 Rock Thursday nights....

4. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I wonder what would be the ratings if they just replay "Seinfeld" and "Friend".

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I haven't watched NBC's Thursday lineup since the last season of The Office. I loved that show and I'd hang around before and after to watch Community, Parks and Rec, and even that dumpster fire of a show about the call center in India. Now that The Office is gone I haven't tuned in on Thursday nights since.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm old enough to feel somewhat nostalgically sad about this :)

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

So where, where the F is Parks and Rec going? I need my Bert Macklin, FBI, fix!!! :mad:

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Is Brooklyn 99 considered a sitcom? I'll watch that show every now and then on Fox and laugh.

Other than that, I don't watch comedies on tv anymore.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I hate them moving The Blacklist to Thursdays.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The Goldbergs is the only traditional sitcom I watch anymore.

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I liked Community, but other than that, I couldn't tell you the last network comedy I watched regularly. Or Drama. Or Reality. I guess I just don't watch network TV anymore. I tend to like the comedies on IFC. Comedy Bang Bang, Birthday Boys, Portlandia, Garfunkel and Oates.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The advent of the DVR and streaming services was sure to kill off non-serialized programs first.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How do the execs let something like Veep go to HBO? They should just syndicate that and air it, pretend it's new. America doesn't know.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Literally the only show I have to watch live is Game of Thrones. I'll occasionally catch Arrow or Agents of Shield live, but for the most part I record everything.

I'm not sure how they are gonna work it out, but commercial driven TV shows are going the way of the dodo.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I hope this is the last season of Parks and Rec because it feels like NBC has no idea what to do with it. Delayed premieres, moving time slots, carousel of neighboring shows, just give me the last season full of April and good feelings and end it.