1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best season/cast member of SNL?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Nov 24, 2014.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Oh btw best single cast member for me is Phil Hartman.

Not coincidentally part of one of the best sitcoms of all time, News Radio!

1 person likes this.
  2. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

SNL is a great example of "the good ol' days" syndrome. Older seasons always seem better because people tend to only remember the good stuff. The further back you go, the better it was. But not really. Honestly all seasons are probably equally bad with a few gems per episode that will have you telling your kids how much better SNL was in 2014 compared to the crappy cast and writers they have in 2025.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It only dropped off significantly once the last good cast left all at once (Hader, Sudeikis, Armisen, Wiig, Sandberg, etc). The last 2 years or so have not been great, but that has been the first real drop off

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Prince got them a 2.4

5. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

That's usually how it goes. They had to go through Colin Quinn, Sarah Silverman and Chris Elliot before Tina Fey and Will Ferrell showed up.

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I think my favorite new cast members are the lesbian one, the one who does the dead on Miley Cyrus impersonation and the one who's dad died in 9/11.

I can not stand Kenan Thompson, he's like Victoria Jackson bad. If he'd been a women his ass wouldn't have made it past two seasons.

7. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Best season is a toss up between 15 & 16.
    Honorable mention to seasons 3,4,14 & 17.

I can't pick best cast member. That's too tough.
    But any discussion has to include Belushi, Murray, Murphy, Hartman & Ferrell.
    Murphy pretty much carried the show for seasons 8 & 9.
    Hartman was so versatile and made it look so easy you almost took him for granted.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dan Aykroyd

(spoilered for size)

"Jane you ignorant slut" - One of the most enduring catchphrases from the show.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k80nW6AOhTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Land Shark

<iframe width='640' height='360' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' src='https://screen.yahoo.com/land-shark-jaws-ii-224409387.html?format=embed' allowfullscreen='true' mozallowfullscreen='true' webkitallowfullscreen='true' allowtransparency='true'></iframe>

2 Wild and crazy guys

<iframe width='640' height='360' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' src='https://screen.yahoo.com/festrunk-brothers-000000414.html?format=embed' allowfullscreen='true' mozallowfullscreen='true' webkitallowfullscreen='true' allowtransparency='true'></iframe>

Coneheads

<iframe width='640' height='360' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' src='https://screen.yahoo.com/coneheads-family-feud-000000119.html?format=embed' allowfullscreen='true' mozallowfullscreen='true' webkitallowfullscreen='true' allowtransparency='true'></iframe>

Jimmy Carter talking down a kid on LSD

<iframe width='640' height='360' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' src='https://screen.yahoo.com/ask-president-carter-000000735.html?format=embed' allowfullscreen='true' mozallowfullscreen='true' webkitallowfullscreen='true' allowtransparency='true'></iframe>

"It's a desert topping, no its a floor wax."

<iframe width='640' height='360' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' src='https://screen.yahoo.com/shimmer-floor-wax-000000185.html?format=embed' allowfullscreen='true' mozallowfullscreen='true' webkitallowfullscreen='true' allowtransparency='true'></iframe>

All classic moments from my childhood. Akroyd was also the best writer of the bunch. I'm going to guess, however, that most people's favorites were from when they were kids. I remember being about 10, and all the schemes I used to try in order to stay up late enough to watch it. It was forbidden fruit, which made it that much better.

9. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Phil Hartman, Chris Farley, Eddie Murphy, and even though I can't stand him now, Dennis Miller was hilarious doing the Weekend Update.

Honorable Mention: Will Ferrell, John Belushi, Andy Samberg, Kevin Nealon, Steve Martin, The Manning Brothers, Tina Fey, JT.