1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hibbert vs. Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 27, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who has the brighter future

1. Asik

150 vote(s)
    37.6%
  2. Hibbert

249 vote(s)
    62.4%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Between the surprisingly athletic Turk and the surprisingly unathletic Jamaican, who has the brighter future?

Poll coming up.

2. mjhaver5

mjhaver5 Member

are you serious? lol

3. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I didn't watch Hibbert a lot this year, but why did he only score 12 ppg on 45% shooting in the regular season? :confused: That's pretty crappy for his position and experience in the league up to this point.

5. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Shouldn't it be, who has the most amusing threads, Carl Herrera or Tinman?

Hibbert's looking good at the moment. But gotta love Asiks effort.

6. pnr

pnr Member

I picked Asik but it is really close. Hibbert's beasting this playoffs but Asik was also really good in the OKC series. Tough call.

7. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

But he was playing on a team that shares the ball.

8. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

As of now, it's Hibbert and it's not even close. Hibbert can finish close to the rim and if Asik doesn't dunk, most his shots get blocked.

Both are great defensive centers.

Asik is too raw on offense while Hibbert needs polishing. We will never know if Asik can ever become an offensive threat as Hibbert down low.

The whole Pacers team is inefficient. Pacers are defensive minded team who cares less about scoring and more about stopping opposition. They are #1 in defensive efficiency.

9. VBG

VBG Member

Hibbert. Not close. If Hibbert had to do what Asik is required on offense he would be better.

Defensively, it's a wash. Hibbert has better impact because of scheme and complimentary players

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I agree offensively, but what about rebounding? Hibbert had to deal with West sharing the front-court, but Asik was a beast on the glass all year. Also, Asik had a better statistical year easily.

Asik: 10.1 ppg 11.7 rpg 1.1 bpg .541 fg%
    Hibbert: 11.0 ppg 8.3 rpg 2.6 bpg .448 fg%

Both are same age, and Asik is less expensive.

11. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

I'd put Hibbert ahead on offense and maybe a little on defense by a hair, but Asik is the better rebounder in my book.

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I love Asik and all, but Hibbert on both ends of the ball is a man mountain.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Actually on defense or interior D Asik is just as good, but Hibbert has better quickness and reaction the Asik. He is more versatile as well. Offense while he has had a down year, anyone with common sense will tell you Hibbert.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

There is a reason why a 7'2" guy dropped from a top 5 pick to #12(i think)...Hibbert was slow and immobile in college, and really hasnt improved tremendously since...Asik has been consistent with the minutes that he has been given. Tremendous team defender, and above average individual defender.

Hibbert should be dominating one thing, but right now he hasnt really shown consistency...

I still think if Asik can work on a midrange jumper, the Rockets really will only be a scoring PF from competing for the West conference title next year...I do believe that the Rockets can win with this group...Call me a homer, but I love me some Turk...he has gone above and beyond every expectation i had from him this previous year...

15. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I would give a slight edge to Asik on defense. He was the defensive anchor on a team who relied so much on him. Without Asik, Rockets probably a 35-win team instead of 45-win.

Hibbert is surrounded by a roster full of good defenders, which made his job easier.

If they switch places, I estimate Rockets will probably win a couple more games the most.

Taking their salaries into consideration, I would NOT trade Asik for Hibbert.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Hibbert's being vastly over rated right now, better than Asik? yeah he's more impactful as a help defender, slightly weaker as a man defender though, but man, his finishing skills aren't that good, mediocre at best (Asik on the other hand has terrible finishing skills).

Unlike Asik, Hibbert can exploit weak center defense, and Miami's only weakness is an almost tragically bad defensive matchup for large power centers.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Then they must suck at it, because their center only shoot 45%.

18. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Give me Hibbert, everyday.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Asik.

Hibbert can't make those acrobatic layups like Omer can.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Tiago Splitter and it's not even closer to closest Close on the aisle of Close
    Giants off the coast of Close.