1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most underrated/overrated Rockets in NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketfan21, Mar 22, 2011.

1. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Sorry if this should go in another thread or another forum, but I think it'd be a fun thing to discuss since many of you have probably played many games of NBA 2k with the Rockets. I also wonder, just because I think 2k does a very accurate job with most players.

For me the most underrated is by far Chuck Hayes. He does some good things in 2k, but they don't give him justice at all. I'll still match him up on just about any star big man, just like the Rockets do, but I find that he's one player that is not completely accurately portrayed in the game, especially his passing skills. The other for me is probably Courtney Lee, but that might just be my fault for sucking with him. I can't hit the three anywhere near the clip that he actually hits it at, and can't penetrate for easy lay ins like he does.

The overrated Rockets are T Will and Jordan Hill. T Will is a very good ball handling playmaker in the game. Perhaps that's because the game allows you to play within the system as T Will instead of playing like a complete moron. Jordan Hill is always gettin me these ridiculous put back slams in my online games and playing D better than he should.

Everyone else is so accurate in my opinion. I destroy with Lowry, Scola, and Martin. Patterson provides incredible energy off the bench and plays within the system the exact way that the he does in real life.

I love this game, and this may be a weird thread (since I'm a bit drunk too), and I may regret it in the morning, but I'm really curious about some thoughts.

2. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

Kevin Martin is definitely underrated (monta ellis is rated way higher than him), and due to his play of late lowry is also.

3. MingMingDynasty

I liked Chuck until I started Thabeet at center. Thabeet's block rating is ridiculous and more than makes up for the rest of his crappy game. Any decent player will just dunk over chuck or not view him as a threat.

TWill is pretty gangsta as long as you use him as a finisher on fast breaks

Lowry stinks. I can never finish with him and he doesn't draw enough fouls to even out his crappy 3pt shooting.

Scola - money from midrange and that's it. He can rebound some, but not much better than patterson

Patterson - way better than scola in my opinion, because he can jam it home over people and has a good shooting stroke and rebounding

Dragic - wayyy underrated. Finishes with a dunk far more than Lowry, better 3pt shooting and taller

Martin - just right. Gets some steals and has a few athletic finishes. Drains everything if you leave him open. His shot is also really weird, but extremely easy to get right after you get use to the quick release.

Bud - not much more than 3pt shooting and a few flashy dunks

Miller - underrated, because he can draw centers out and make them pay with 3's if they lay off him

Lee - rated just right. makes tons of threes and finishes on the break

Hill - kinda useless with thabeet at center

carroll - who?

Overrall, the rockets suck in this game far more than in real life. You can't give the rock to anyone in the fourth and let him take over and other peeps only play the Knicks, Heat, Lakers or a team with a cheeser, like Dwight or Derron Williams

4. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

MingMing, I've always found myself more likely to lose against someone who uses a middle of the pack team (such as our Rockets) than someone who just does a bunch of cheesy crap with the Heat or Lakers. Obviously sometimes the ridiculousness of Lebron doing ridiculous crap takes over sometimes, but I've found overall that people that use average teams understand the game better; in particular ball movement required in basketball and the need to find good shots rather than just trying to bull your way to the basket each time.

5. Htown's2kFinest

Hill is overrated. His rebounding is better than it should be but his ratings are mainly all from last year. Be happy that he hasn't been dropped yet but it will probably come.

Twill ratings, if you look at all his attributes across the board, are pretty fair. He's skilled in most areas so his overall rating is higher than some would think. A few attributes you can say are a bit high but you could actually say he's a bit underrated in a area or two as well.

For Chuck Hayes. If he makes an All-Defensive team I can almost bet you will get his due.

...Actually when does the NBA usually announce the All-Defensive teams?

6. arjun

arjun Member

i wont lie.....i really don't play with the rockets that much

7. Htown's2kFinest

I didn't mention this in my last post but the overall ratings formula can be a bit weird but if you look at the attributes across the board for some players you can see why they have such and such rating.

Like Martin for instances has crazy offensive rating but crappy D ratings. Good thing though is that his is quick so he plays D better than you would think. His offense is flat out one of the best in the game.

Lowry is good but takes a little more skill to get him playing like he is now IRL.

Lee is great shooter, only Kmart beats him on the team, and is great on the break.

Scola is probably the best mid-range shooter on the team or at least there with Kmart. Get the flick controls and up & unders down and he will do work. He is also a more reliable rebounder than Pat.

Hill can hit the mid range shot if left open despite his low MED rating and he is probably the best rebounder and dunker at the PF/C. Very useful for baskets under the rim or cuts.

Twill is an great slasher, can finish over defenders and with his athleticism can give people problems on D. His shot is wet too despite his low shooting ratings.

Bud for sucks at threes and but is great from mid-range. Actually overrated there. He can dunk on you if you let him. I do it all the time against weaker players just for kicks. :grin:

Dragic is alright but should be better.

Patterson is Pat and Miller is Miller on 2k.

But with Thabeet now on the team Miller is almost useless. #33 is the anchor and MVP on D for the Rocks with Yao Ming out. With him have one of the best shotblockers to challenge the Kobes and Lebrons which is crucial. Just watch out for fouls with his 99 foul tendency. :rolleyes:

If you know the controls and how things work the Rockets are pretty darn good.

You must not be that good. =)

8. Roxs-Redemption

Just out of curiousity does anyone create their own player and add it into the Rocket's roster?? ;)

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I created Deke and add him to the rockets.

10. Burko

Burko Member

Does anyone NOT?

Lowry, Martin, Burke, Scola, Yao (Yep, it's a video-game folks).

Domination

11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I like using Twill and Chase. Twill drives, either dunks on people or passes out to Chase for the 3!
    Chase usually averages 30ppg... He's def. the most overrated in the game.

12. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The cltchfans r too ridiculous to discuss this thread

13. kanariya

kanariya Member

I play with My Player and I'm on the rockets but I have the dated roster.

AB - I hate him. He dribbles dribbles dribbles for 15 secs and fires a 3. Most of the time end up with 1-8, 0-7 on 3s. i hope he gets traded.

Lowry - traded to magic straight up for Jameer who is not happy here cos he only plays 6 mins a game

Chuck - can't make shots like he does in RL under the basket.

Hill - not happy over playing time

Scola - just right

Kmart - traded to pheonix for Nash who now avg 7-8 assists a game

Yao - still healthy and dominating

Chase - traded to Spurs for Blair

PPat - was injured

Twill - he was pretty good in the game but traded to knicks

Lee - not very happy that he was starting when i injured and back to the bench when im back to the line up.

Miller/JJ - traded to Wizards for me. what a steal for the rockets.

Shane - not doing much.

Myself - MVP (LBJ kisses my ass), Rookie of the yr, First Team, etc.

Finished the season with 68-14 record as #1 seed.

14. ashiin

ashiin Member

If you guys just sim association mode a season or two you'll find that Twill always end up starting on the Rockets over Budinger and he his rating sky rockets.. Most overrated Rocket on 2k11 by far

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Wrong forum.

16. Lhunt21

Lhunt21 Member

I like to run a 2-3 Zone with Lowry, TWill/Kmart, Patterson, Chuck, Scola

Sorta unorthodox but it's fun!

17. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Yeah good points guys. I take it back about Lowry being rated just right. I am up and down with him, but in real life he is nothing but UP. I can sometimes to better with the Dragon even.

Sorry, Durvasa, as I said I wasn't really sure if this belonged in this forum since it's fun Rocket discussion, but not really GARM related. Feel free to move it, mods.

18. buffalobills!!!

The Rockets are awesome in NBA Live 2010....if you put Yao in at center

19. MingMingDynasty

Yao is in my opinion the best overall player in the game. He can score with a turnaround J or hook on anyone, shut down the inside and gets tons of rebounds because of his size. You can plug in anyone around Yao and wreck shop.

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

I still haven't learned to use Kevin Martin, so I'm just gonna go with him as my overrated. Underrated would have to be T-Will. I go for 20+ with him almost everytime.