1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Chad Ford Mock Draft 4.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by shastarocket, Apr 21, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Lottery:
    [​IMG]

15-30:
    [​IMG]

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

with grant, jones and dunn all on the board i would trust whoever moray chose if he chose a PG.

also wouldn't mind dakari johnson falling to our knicks pick but i know hardly anything about college kids translating to the pros

3. CertifiedTroll

I saw Payne also (whom I would take after Dunn)

4. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Get Kris Dunn!

5. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It may be much smarter to draft a non-PG with the 18th pick. There are 5-6 PGs in the 15-35 range that we may be able to get whoever is left at the 32nd pick. I can see any of the late first round PGs slide down to the 32nd pick if they perform badly in workouts or combine.

It really sucks that Poeltl is returning. I think that would have been an awesome pick around this range. Caris Levert is also returning unfortunately. Even if we didn't like them that's 2 players potentially in the top 18 that could've made someone else slide.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i would be thrilled with kris dunn!

he's going to rise into late lotto once the draft combine and individual workouts begin.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tyus Jones, Kris Dunn, or Cameron Payne all sound great to me. Jerian Grant would be good too, but I think the Rockets need more of a high level distributer than a combo guard.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I want the PG that can play the best Defense. Harden will do the ball handling for the foreseeable future but we play so many great PG's in the West. I don't really know who that would be but I like Grant on size alone.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think the best defensive PG/SG in this draft is Tyrone Wallace. Plus, he destroyed Delon Wright in their match up.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I expect Booker to be a lottery pick by Draft night.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Grant is good on offense, average on defense. He is likely to be a lottery pick.

Dunn is the best defender, but he isn't as experienced as Grant. I don't think he will be available by the 18th pick either.

Going for the BPA will be the right thing to do.

12. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Grant is going to be an interesting NBA transition case IMO. At ND, Brey doesn't even pretend to stress defense and Grant has not really developed his body or his skills on that end. However, he has the size and frame that could make him a + defender. He could really transform his body in 6 months and be a much, much different player.

I have no doubt that the guy I want at 18 is Kris Dunn, but I think Grant would be a solid consolation and Payne a good #3 target.

BPA is usually the best strategy, but with our team building limitations (we will not be signing a top 15 FA PG) I think PGs should get a pretty nice consideration added to their ranking/rating. A top half PG and return of the rest of our rotation would instantly make us a much, much better team.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

What you are saying makes good sense. I am ok with the Rockets choosing Payne with the 18th pick, unless there is a considerably better player available irrespective of position. Dunn and Grant will probably be gone before the Rockets turn.

14. newAge_Rockets

Well Dunn is going back to college, I'm still a fan of Grant.

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Would love rox to get a PG, but doubtful a rookie PG can fit into Rox play so soon.

Rather have a SG/SF like Booker.

16. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I'm sure its been mentioned' .. But I think Morey will b pushing hard for Llull, having one of these guys sit n learn the game as a backup will benifit the Rockets later down the line.

17. micah1j

micah1j Member

Can Booker guard PGs? Could he be turned into a 3&D guy to play alongside Harden?

18. CertifiedTroll

No he cannot.

19. CertifiedTroll

That was for the first part of your question. Could he be a 3&D player? Yeah he could, but he would need to grow as a defender.

20. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Booker has very limited potential other than a shooter. He has a short wingspan and is a below average to average athlete. It would be pretty tough for him to be a plus defender.

A shooter? Oh yes. He has potential to be Klay Thompson without the D.