1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford Mock Draft 4.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by shastarocket, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Kings & Pistons intrigue me (sitting at 6 & 8 right now). Kings have been in the lottery for a number of years now, you have to think they are looking at ways to put together a playoff team for 2016. At #6 it would have to be a King's Ransom (heh), but I wonder how active they will be leading up to the draft.

2. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The kings have a big hole at the 4 spot. We can only pay 1 PF out of Jones and D-Mo. I wonder if they kings would take something like D-Mo + 18th pick + future pick for #6.

D-Mo has value for a team like the Kings and he almost fits them perfectly. With Cousins, it's a great idea to have a "stretch 4". When Cousins is off the floor, the offense can run through D-Mo.

Also, the kings have invested their last 2 players at the SG spot. Their PG, SF, and C are set. It would be an ideal upgrade at the PF position.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

D-Mo's injury has dropped his trading value.

4. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Most definitely - don't think any such trade would work any longer. However, he makes a valid point in that SAC has a glaring hole at the 4. I don't expect the Rockets to be involved, but it wouldn't shock me if SAC went after say Faried with that pick (obviously not direct swap...SAC pick >> Faried).

5. awc713

awc713 Member

If that's true, "trade value" is overrated.

We heard people say the same thing with TJones during his injury stint. I'm sure his trade value was lower, but that's only relevant if we plan on trading him mid-injury. "Trade value" has more to do with people being impatient than a player's actual on-court worth. TJones is playing like a monster now, and that's all that matters. Other teams realize this, too.

Obviously, trading for an injured player, while injured, will warrant a lower offer than when healthy. That's the nature of the risks and injuries. Regardless, people just need to be patient. Even if DMO's arbitrary trade value is lower, his trade value will return to where it was once he gets healthy. It's not like he will NEVER be healthy again.

6. saleem

I never meant that he wouldn't ever get healthy. He is expected to get back to full health, however Morey did say he may need back surgery. That can certainly make anyone cautious about acquiring him.

7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Strike a deal with Portland, give them our 2015 plus fillers

8. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I could see a fit with the Kings and that kind of deal may be possible, but this draft has 4 elite players and after that, I'm not sure there is that much impact value to make it worth sacrificing top contributors and a future pick to add a player who probably isn't going to better than what we have at the 2-5 positions. If we could get Russell or Mudiay there? Great. If not? I think I pass.

9. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

All depends on Morey's Big Board. I do think this draft has great PG depth so Morey may decide to sit at 18 and see who falls: Grant, Tyus, Payne, or Dunn, and grab the guy highest on his board. He also has the potential to move up a couple spots if it looks like his #1 out of that group is about to go. #18 & #31 could get you to 15, 16-ish.

10. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Agree, but Dunn is now out of the draft and I think Tyus Jones is a lot further down the board for me. Really, Grant is the one left that I think could contribute immediately and potentially have a better impact than a vet guy like Prig or Terry.

I would be interested to see where #18, Jones or Dmo, 2016 unprotected (though that obviously isn't a huge deal with how good we should be), and rights to Llull would get us. Some may not agree, but I would give that up in a heartbeat to get Russell or Mudiay. In that scenario we could almost certainly bring back Brewer and Smith and hopefully McDaniels, too.

11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Tyus Jones isn't as athletic, but he's a gamer and he's clutch. We need someone who can be a playmaker and score off the bench. I think this kid has a little Curry in him.

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I've said this before, I think he'll be another Larkin. Not saying he'll be bad (because Larkin hasn't been given enough time/opportunity) but I don't see him being a stud. I see him being maybe like a Barea type player (which after the Mavs series, doesn't look bad at all)

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Larkin? oh, Larkin is more more athletic than Tyus Jones, but Tyus Jones is a better playmaker

14. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

He is small and has no lateral quickness. I don't think he will be effectively offensively or defensively. At best a backup PG IMO.

15. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Agreed. Grant is already an NBA-level player (ND's other PG is also amazing, BTW). The Rockets will probably hope he falls to 14 or so then try to move up to get him.

16. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

other PG is Demetrius Jackson- remember the name. Unbelievably quick.

17. saleem

There is a interesting video interview of Cameron Payne on Draft Express. He sounds like a good young player who is working hard in pre-drafts. I have no idea if Morey or Les will consider him in the future, but he might be a prospect worth looking into.

18. xaos

xaos Member

get'r'dunn murray

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No Tyrone Wallace. No Shawn Long. I don't think Looney will make it to 18.
    So, Cameron Payne at 18, Rashad Vaughn at 32 and hope Richaun Holmes goes undrafted and becomes a free agent.