1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Super Spring Training NBA Fantasy Draft Brehs

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by LCAhmed, Feb 26, 2015.

?

What type of draft is this going to be?

1. Current

7.1%
  2. All-Time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 1980-1989 era

7.1%
  4. 1990-1999 era

14.3%
  5. 2000-2010 era

50.0%
  6. All time International Players who played in the NBA only

7.1%
  7. Other

14.3%
  1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Tony Kukoc too.

2. VBG

VBG Member

uhhhh, just got back from vacation

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Show me the meaning, of being lonely

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm here for you. xoxo <3

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Pacers. Lose some key players. Be terrible in the first half. Start to click in the second half and get into the playoff picture. Be terrible at the very end and miss the playoffs by a few wins. Draft in the 10-14 range.

I've seen this movie far too many times.

1 person likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Fighting Rockets for dat 14th pick to draft a 6'7 PF.

7. thething

thething Contributing Member

Any team finishing under .500 should not expect to make playoffs. Pacers should get a top 10 pick just because they are in the east. (Right now they are at #9)

Hadn't seen that movie before.

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

9, 10, 11, 12, you are arguing about not much more than semantics here. The point is that you aren't likely to significantly change your fortunes with such a low pick.

There's a tiny shot at another Pau George or Manu everywhere in the draft, but generally that's a prayer. You usually have to wait years and years to get so lucky.

So we are left with hoping that Paul George goes back to his peak. Doctors say he might, but we all see so many positive medical reports about players that turn out to be overly optimistic, so it's hard for me to be optimistic about that until I actually see at an all-NBA level again.

As to "should not expect to make playoffs", you can, if you are in the East. It will probably have 3 under .500 playoff teams this year. .500 or not, it doesn't make it any less annoying to miss them and end up with a low pick.

By "this movie", I meant that it's deja vu. It's happened a lot to the Pacers.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Oh, the pressure! 2 games left, Wizards and Memphis. Brooklyn has the tiebreaker, Boston has 1 game lead, both have easier opponents.

They probably won't make it, but still, I'm proud of the Pacers. No.12ish pick, here we come. Ah, whatever.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Will be interesting to watch their off-season, what moves would you prefer?

Some good bigs in the draft, feel like they should trade West or Hibbert this summer and build around George.

11. thething

Player
    Tracy McGrady 1997
    Dirk Nowitzki 1998
    Shawn Marion 1999
    Joel Przybilla 2000
    Amare Stoudemire 2002
    Michael Sweetney 2003
    Andre Iguodala 2004
    Ike Diogu 2005
    Patrick O'Bryant 2006
    Joakim Noah 2007
    Augustin-2008
    Derozan-2009
    Hayward-2010
    Kemba Walker-2011
    Drummond-2012
    Burke-2013
    Vonleh-2014

Quite a few game-changing players at number 9! Way different from 14. But I know what you mean. That stat is kind of fluky. 8 should be better than 9 but in past history it hasn't been.

#811 thething, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Paul George was no. 10, I don't think the Pacers drafted in the top 9 since 1980s.

This year too, pick will be no higher than 11 at this point, probably 12 or 13. It was only at 9 for a few hours when you wrote your last post.

Anyway, who cares if it's better than no.14? I was never comparing it to no. 14. It's better than no.30 too. And than no. 60. It makes little difference, the reality is that if Paul George doesn't get back to 100%, that pick is very unlikely to put the team back to where it was.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I've honestly got no idea, I haven't thought about offseason. I'm just waiting to see how George looks next year. Not so much his level of play, but I just hope there are no more problems. If he has a healthy year, then maybe in a couple years he's fully back to all-nba level.

In general, I always just have a 'lets wait for the season' attitude during offseason. I look what other teams are doing, and don't think too much about the Pacers moves or lack of. They hardly ever make sexy moves. They sometimes do something surprising, but usually they just do small moves to stay competitive. Sometimes those small moves work out very well, other times they end up around .500.

The problem is that they just can't spend a lot of money. Although this current CBA has helped, now they can spend everything under tax. Before the CBA, they had an owner's restriction to stay some 5 mil under tax. Or many years ago, they had a chance to trade for Barkley from the Suns and pair him with Reggie Miller, and the owner didn't do it because of Barkley's salary.

So I just don't get myself pumped up, so I don't have to be upset at the end of summer. :) But the management is good, so there's always a chance that something will work out.

14. thething

My mistake. It was Hayward, not George, in 2010. Still a major impact player, though. At this point it is not going to be at number 9 anymore.

Draft picks take time to develop, but they may have a good core together so that if they are close enough to contention, with some good luck and nice small moves they can be back where they were. The pick isn't everything, but it is one major piece of the puzzle if used right.

15. LCAhmed

I like tuhtles

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Miss ma brehs. :(

[​IMG]

17. LCAhmed

SUPER BREHS, ASSEMMMMMMMBLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!