1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's send Rocketgirl to the Draft lottery!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by emcitymisfit, May 4, 2012.

1. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Unfortunately, sending Rocketgirl probably won't net the Rockets the top or any of the top 3 picks.

The top 3 picks have pretty much already been decided by commissioner Stern and they will most likely fall to the 3 following teams (though the order is still in question):

1. Nets
    2. Hornets
    4. Bobcats

The Nets have a good shot at getting one of the top 3 picks because bot only will they be opening a new arena their trade to Portland is TOP 3 protected. I am kind of shocked not enough attention has been given to the fact that the pick is top 3 protected so it made it seem as if they traded away the future for a 30 yr old Gerald Wallace. I guarantee you that the pick will be a top 3 pick (a promise was made) and therefore the Nets end up with one of the top 3 picks to go with Deron Williams and Gerald Wallace.

The Hornets will end up with a top 3 pick simply due to the fact that the team is being sold and needs a young core to be build around. This is the only way the league saves some face when they shot the Rockets deal down for the Clippers deal.

The Bobcats are simply a mess. Nobody in their right mind would pay to see that garbage on the floor every night. The Theory of Probability states that Michael Jordan will eventually get one of those top picks right. You can only suck so much for so long before your franchise folds.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Go Rocketgirl!!!!

3. AXG

AXG Member

Well, she's cuter than anyone else who would represent the Rockets...

4. Hightop

Hightop Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mL7QYjNQCFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Well said. :)

6. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I understand what you are saying, and am not in total disagreement with all of it. But, I think the main thing is making the assumption that Nick Gilbert isn't the biggest Cav's fan on the planet. Whether that fandom was initiated by association or not should not have any effect on the value of his love for the team. In the end it truly doesn't matter. We are all fans stuck in limbo looking for a glimpse of hope.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No offense to Rocketgirl but this isn't one of the better ideas presented on cfans.

8. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I'm sorry but Clutch is the dude that represents this community

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

i prefer to see morey. he needs to mingle with the other gms face to face and discuss lateral trades.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Then just send Clutch the Bear. We end up with the 14th pick and everyone will forget it. We end up with really high pick and everyone will remember it.

Win-win.

11. Third eye

Third eye Member

This tall sound like sum 13 year olds infatuated with rocketgirl....

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ru serious? like Morey won't be there no matter who we put on stage???

this is getting silly. The whole stage is all a joke anyhow. Clutch can't represent because he is now considered media.

send a fan...break the mold. the nba needs to send fans. it is so fun and so perfect. The Rockets because of Clutch have developed this relationship with management and the fans unlike any other team.

Why can't we break the mold...and 00RocketsGirl is perfect for it.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

right...like when he got jealous of The Yoyo for interviewing Morey.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Send her. If for no other reason than to piss DD off.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jealous, are you ****ting me? LOL - seriously HP, you could not be more wrong.

I don't get jealous or get autographs or attach any value to people as anything more than people.

That is just funny, I view Morey as a peer.....nothing more.

That is lol funny>

DD

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Now THAT is funny....I wouldn't care, nor would it surprise me, since Morey has done a lot of PT Barnum type of stuff....why not?

DD

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Just send DD to the draft lottery to end this argument.

18. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

How is morey a peer of yours? He is a graduate of MIT and the general manager of the houston rockets. You on the other hand argue all day on a message forum.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well you may view him as a peer, but what does he think of YOU? :)

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

DD is delusional. he's like one of those kids in school that told everyone they were smart, but they just weren't "motivated" enough to try.