1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Key to season: Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You said this last year, as well as the year before man.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

jones has increased his 3pt % every year in the league. if he can up it by .20% more this season & dmo can hit at the same % the rockets PF rotation of those 2 players will MORE than enough to win it all if harden/howard/lawson to their job.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If Terrence Jones is the key to your season, it is time to make a move.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the numbers of NBA moves and trades cannot hold a candle to all those transfers during transfer periods in the Big 5 soccer countries and other leagues.

It is again how much we can get in return for someone like Terrence or Dmo.

5. dmoneybangbang

I think many people will be surprised when Morey decides to let one of them go for nothing after the season. It's really going to be hard to get something in return that either helps you win a championship this year or a future piece.

I really like Harrell and Decker and hope they kill it, but I'm not optimistic either will be someone the FO wants to rely on to be a backup mid season of his rookie year for a legit contender.

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think we should keep Jones and D-mo both up until the deadline and really decide who is the best fit going forward.

So many people talk about D-mo as if he is so far ahead of Jones. But I'm not sure thats true, they seem to be fairly even at this point in their careers.

What might give D-mo the edge is his playing style makes him a rare commodity. Where as Terrance's role could be filled with guys like Harrell.

Either way I don't think there is any reason to rush it since I don't think Jones trade value is that high at the moment

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is a question mark how far Harrell or someone like him can develop up until the point of the deadline.

If Capela can develop a consistent jumper and finishing abilities around the rim, he is probably the guy.

The best option would still be to get a guy that is a caliber close to Josh Smith but with a more stable personality.

8. Mattician

Mattician Member

Wasn't sure where to post this.

Silly ESPN.

[​IMG]