1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Confirmed] Chuck Hayes has 4 year, $20M offer from Sacramento

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yonizzel, Dec 7, 2011.

1. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

TheRealTWill Terrence Williams
    Hey rocket fans we need to get a we want chuck back chant going or something sheesh

2. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Chuck is going to get monstrous cheers when he comes back to Toyota Center.

His work ethic, professionalism, hustle, and BBIQ are what you wish for every player on your team.

I'm really happy for him that he earned that contract, but I'm still really going to miss the Chuckwagon. :(

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Didnt Chuck Hayes beat all our Guards in a one on one battle last year?

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Aah he is tweeting again

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am upset too. He was the leader along with Lowry. I wish him best wishes. He deserves the contract he is being offered.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And stealing my lines "Sheesh"

#wordaappp

DD

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Sad, sad day if we lose him. I'm on the fence. I think Chuck can play for a long time and he is the perfect backup 4 on a contender. If we do miraculously land a star in the next year or two we are going to regret letting him go.

9. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Were gonna lose a great guy. He added a lot in the chemistry department too.

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Yo Chuck it's been real and it's been fun but it hasn't been real fun.

Jk. I'm gonna miss chuck :(

11. Vnilla_Gorilla

I like this move for the Kings and I'm also okay with the Rockets declining to match as well, if that's what they decide to do. Chuck brings more to your team than stats and it is well known that defense is particularly hard to quantify. The Kings HAVE to increase their payroll to meet the salary floor and if you are forced to spend money, might as well do it on a safe, known quantity. Is he worth 5mil per season? Maybe not, but you must pay a premium to sign away another teams free agent or else he would just take the same deal with his current team. Seems fair to me.

My feeling is that the Rockets are still trying to scope out the market to determine how much it will cost to obtain a FA center and if it is more than they are willing to pay value-wise, they may indeed bring back Chuck at this same amount.

1 person likes this.
  12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I feel like I'd be happier matching that contract than letting him go. He's such a leader and a difference maker it's going to be hard to replace that whether we're tanking or not.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I've been worrying about this all day... since we heard the rumor last night.

And as someone said above, I will still be around - maybe I will have to change my name to HayesPattersonFan ;)

It will be much easier for me to watch Sac games if it's true though... it was so hard to watch them last year. But I think the Kings think Chuck not only will help their team on the floor, but off it as well.

I know when the rumors were that we were trying to move up to go after Cousins I said that Hayes would have been a great mentor for DeMarcus. Hopefully if this is true he can help Cuz make more of the right choices.

Plus.. it's the Kings... it's possible in the future the Rockets will trade to get him back!! Lord knows they are our fave trade partner.

The good news... I'll get to buy a black Hayes jersey.

14. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

:(:(:(:(:(

15. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Black goes well with everything. :grin:

16. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

For the life of me, I can't figure out why the Heat didn't go after him. Don't they have the full MLE to work with (even before they amnesty cut Miller).

He would be the perfect starting C alongside Bosh.

Chalmers/Wade/LeBron/Bosh/Hayes would be an insanely defensive and offensive combo.

Chuck can guard SF and SG as well.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, I'm gonna be an optimist and view this as the Rockets sending Chuck down to their developmental affiliate in Sacramento to coach up DeMarcus Cousins so he'll be ready for the call up to the big league squad in a couple years.

We are just parking Chuck's salary down there while we chase free agents with available cap room. Chuck will get to come back in a couple years once we get him a proper supporting cast consisting of the likes of Dwight Howard and Chris Paul.

18. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

FIFY.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't think Lebron's game complement's Chuck's. Would rather have D-Wade.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I like Chuck. Wasn't the tallest, wasn't the most skilled, but he put everything on the court.

You can't say you weren't rooting hard when he was close to hitting the triple double, and then we he scored the final points, you know you were out of your seats.