1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't understand his tweet.

What honesty is he referring to?

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This really isnt GAD...infact i fear that he suffers from something very similar to Delonte West...Bipolar Disease....or this may just be a Personality Disorder...something that meds cant change(its who he is)

Out of all the players that have a legit gripe about getting PT...it should really only be TJones...who showed that he can play and play well on a consistent basis...DMo is right there as well...

White and Machado shouldve known that this is how its gonna go down for now...unless the team is affected via injuries etc...DMo will atleast get to work on the post game in the DLeague a bit more and he may get to come up later...but as of know...he belongs there as well...

White will soon learn that this is a professional league...and regardless of whether you may have talent...everyone starts at the bottom and works their way up...ie. MMorris...i really think...based off this summer when he worked extremely hard and diligently, not only to get on his coaches side...but worked on things that were important for the development of his game...has earned the trust of the coaching staff...and so far...Morris aside from that very first game... has been the most consistent player on our team...

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

A total waste of a pick thus far.

Wish we had selected Zeller.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think so too.

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Clutch just tweeted...

"@clutchfans: Morey: "Royce is not available right now. We are committed to his long term success & we will continue to support him now & going forward."

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think White is just playing us all to get reactions. He tweets ambiguous and vague meanings and then sits back to see what we all make of it. He is probably laughing his *** off at us.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

so they're enablers

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

nah he was dishonest in college too. this behavior seems to fall in line with his character.

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

They're investors. Whether it pays out or not remains to be seen, but they aren't dumping an investment over night.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Royce needs some serious treatment beyond his trusted family doctor he feels comfortable with and who may be over his or her head. Hopefully that is what is happening. Maybe he can overcome his problems and play basketball.

Also worried it is more than GAD.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I in no way meant to imply his tweets are sincere. Quite the contrary.

12. mirus

mirus Member

Where do we watch d league games?thanks

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

If Royce White was a stock, his status would have been "Buy" before the draft, "Hold" after Vegas Summer League and "Sell" the moment he missed training camp and started showing up on Skype calls with high school buddies.

I will say though that I've talked to people about it and he did have an anxiety issue then, and the delay was more about paperwork and getting it in writing (which is not something that takes just a few hours in the NBA).

I'm frustrated too, but I feel the Rockets are taking the best approach by supporting him. If he's going to fail, it can't be because the team didn't support him or his anxiety issues. There definitely is potential there as a player.

I confess though... I'm worried that I can already see his story coming over the next few years -- a couple of teams waive him, he has a few life experiences from it and humbles himself, hits Europe, then comes back and shows some success as a player with a lottery team he latches onto.

My feeling right now is that his ego is having a hard time with the demotion to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, but I don't know.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, Royce wasn't available at media day and start of training camp, wasn't available at practice, wasn't available at the game(s), isn't available for the D-League,...

Just when is he available? :rolleyes:

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i must say that for the fans it really sucks to endure through several crappy seasons, with the draft being one of the main glimmers of hope to rebuild.....and then to get stuck with a ****ing scrub who engages in twitter wars while his teammates are at training camp and skips multiple games in the first 2 weeks of the season. i will be glad when he is no longer a rocket...

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

But weren't the rookies just notified last night, at the game? Royce wasn't there to begin with....was he already expecting it?

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

well if he didn't see that coming, i'm shocked. Morris was about the same pick as Royce and spent last year in the D-League. I would think he would be inspired and motivated based on seeing what Morris is doing right now. I also thought he was a humble guy willing to pay his dues. dreading how this is gonna end up playing out.

1 person likes this.
  18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It could stem from not playing also, I don't know 100%. I've heard rumors third-hand, but I don't think it would be responsible to post them here.

19. tomato

tomato Member

Solid post, start to finish. Also, I will not be available to defend Royce White until further notice.

20. mirus

mirus Member

Morris changes a lot,no reason to think White would not:confused: