1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Daily News]:Why Warriors-Cavs Game 7 is the biggest game in NBA history

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

folks may enjoy this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/warriors-cavs-game-7-biggest-game-nba-history-article-1.2678705

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I can go along with this being the biggest single game ever. A lot of that is settling narratives though, particularly individual narratives. Also, a lot of Finals significance is lost in this millennial era due to the East sucking so bad.

So if we discard the narratives being forced fed to us, I have to go with Game 7 of 1984 -- first Bird v Magic winner take all since NCAA final. The article should have mentioned that game as primary comparison, certainly for TV revenue alone (relatively)

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I wonder if HBO is sweating. Biggest NBA game of the season going up against the biggest episode of GOT's season.

1 person likes this.
  4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Any game 7 of the finals is big. They are making it too big though..

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Game 7 between the Rockets and Knicks!

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Not even close. Sensationalist click bait at its finest.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Game should have zero effect on a commercial-free, streaming service.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Meh, most people stream from a 3rd party site or torrent anyway. I havent been actively watching the finals but Ill tune into this one as long as gs doesnt get on one of those hot streaks and takes a commanding lead.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

I would have agreed if it was an epic series, but every single game has been a blow out. That kills the legend of this series for me.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I know it counts but I'm thinking a lot of people will be streaming the next day rather than live.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you dont think they're evenly matched?

12. Marteen

Marteen Member

For me, it's only the biggest game in NBA history if the Cavs win. It's just business as usual if the Warriors win. Being up 3-1 and having 73 regular wins pretty much made the Warriors the favorites to win it all in most of our minds, but you can't deny the moment would be monumental of epic proportion if LeBron and the Cavs managed to pull off the upset.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, the fact that it's been nothing but blowouts the whole time makes it boring even though they're tied 3-3. There are so many boring aspects to this series. I mean, the greatest player of the century vs the greatest shooter. Boring. A team with a historic number of regular season wins being potentially negated as a great all time team by one game. Yeah, I'll be watching Game of Thrones instead. One city is a blue collar city that has never won a championship going for it for the first time, the other is a douchy sports town with tons and tons of people behind it that think the world owes them for being born. Snoozer. Perhaps the most cocky team to ever play the game could walk home with nothing. Yawn.

The only thing we know for sure is that Steve Kerr will walk away from this game and look into the mirror and be able to say, "I was part of the best team ever".

I'm pumped, I wonder if they'll sell out of tickets or if there will be too many people watching Game of Thrones.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not with DVR's now.

DD

15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

You can watch all of the GOT deathisode and then the entire second half of the game live.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Battle of the Bastards >> 2 Teams I have no emotional investment in

Also, you can stream GOT at any time

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

True, but people spoil that show all the time. I will be watching GOT immediately after the game is over and not looking at the internet or my phone.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

For real, it's getting tiring how they keep saying LerBon has little help. In terms of personnel. He has a BIG 3. He's doing it with another superstar that was a NUMBER ONE pick. And Love was picked FIFTH. Previous 5th picks gave us Garnett, Vinsanity, Quitten, DWade, Jesus Shuttlesworth, and Raymond Felton. So it's no joke.

It's true in LerBon's first stint with the Cavs due to such an inept front office, but now the only down side is really the head coach.

This isn't the biggest game in NBA history... it's not even the biggest finals. The writer must be a new "fan."

19. MD_in_Training

Biggest game in NBA history will be a blowout by the Warriors.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't know why they need to hype this game up so much. everybody already plans on watching just to see whose nuts donkey blitzkriegs this time