1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So how many consecutive Finals will LeBron get to?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by samtaylor, May 22, 2015.

1. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I mean think about it...He went to the past 4 with the Heat, and is now up 2-0 going home against an injured ATL team, so that would make 5 straight years.

Assuming he stays with Cleveland and in the East, how many can he get to in a row?

LeBron is about to take a Cavs team with no Kevin Love, and a hobbled Kyrie past a fully healthy Bulls team and the Hawks. LeBron is also playing for a first year coach!

What team in the East can stop LeBron???

Chicago is trending down, Atlanta/Toronto/Washington don't seem capable as currently constructed. Milwaukee/Boston/Orlando are YEARS away.

I think he will easily get his Finals streak to 8-10.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

He has AT LEAST 3 left in him... will all depend on his health.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The real question is...when will the East actually get better? With two of the top 3 picks headed out west...I mean WTF?

Even the best young players are out west in Cousins, Davis, Wiggins, (Whoever is drafted this year) this is going to get insane pretty soon. Would be nice if LMA and Gasol went somewhere out east together or something.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

When team like the Raptors takes 4th seed Lebron will get to as many finals as he desires in that conference

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Depends on when the East decides to stopping sucking so much ass. By the looks of it, he's got a few more.

6. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

He should basically make it every year, until he gets too old, or some other players end up in the least.

7. jlwee

jlwee Member

IF James failed to win again this Finals that will make his winning % at 0.33 2/6, are there any superstars having worst % than him???

8. JazzLakerHater

**** the east man.

9. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

He has crap supporting cast this year so it would be reasonable if he failed to win it this year. But with the Heat, he should have won more.

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

There is a good reason LeBron is 2 for 5 in the Finals. Put him in the West and he probably has as many appearances as Durant. plus can we even name a single tough opponent he had in the conference finals? MJ had the Knicks, Heat, Pacers in lengendary series. Not that I'm comparing him to Jordan, but just to make a point that LeBron is severely overrated for pounding inferior competition year after year in weak eastern conference only to fall short a majority of the time against tougher western conference foes in the Finals.

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

That's a bunch of revisionist history. MJ's opponents weren't all that special. Pacers, Knicks, those weren't some superteams. Nor are LeBron's opponents that easy. And anyway, LeBron isn't some 1960s player. You can see him on TV most days. People rate him so highly because they see him play.

12. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Replace the Cavs with any Western Conference playoff team, save the Pelicans, and I have each of them as a favorite to make the finals. That means it's easy.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

It's easy to say stuff like that at the end of May, but if this was early April, and Pelicans were really about to face Hawks, Bulls, etc, and I let you bet $100 on the winner, I kind of doubt you would've chosen the Pelicans to beat them all.

And what, maybe the Pelicans would've beaten 2011 Bulls as well? Pacers of the last few years? Those teams were better than any eastern team right now.

I think the fact is that LeBron isn't very well liked, so people get a bit biased sometimes and talk nonsense.

14. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

but how many NBA final will he lose? i don't like his chances against the warriors or even us even with a healthy irving. i kinda feel sorry for him now. to go 2-4 in the final and lose to the likes of Dirk, Curry, and 38 year old Duncan is definitely going to hurt his legacy.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

No they don't. If it was so easy why can't melo, rose, wade,wall etc. Carry their team to the finals. A fully healthy cavs team would have been the favorites over any team in the west. The fact that Lebron is taking a team without love and a hobbled Irving to the finals is amazing. The east has been bad for a while and no one has made 5 finals. No one has done it since the Celtics in the 60s.

16. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

0 if he was in the west.

1 person likes this.
  17. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

The argument is not about LeBron the individual and how he ranks among all-time great, it's about the teams he has taken to the Finals which benefited heavily from weaker competition levels in the East. Talk of revisionist history then let's also discuss the times he went up against a better team in the East. Are we simply going to overlook the notorious 2010 series against the Celtics where when faced with superior competetion LeBron famously quit on his team?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/swfD5uFSg_E?rel=0&amp;controls=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. malakas

malakas Member

8-10??? Nah 3 years is like a century in the nba and tons of things can happen. i.e if Durant chooses to go to Washington they can be the ones who go to the finals..if Rose gets back to MVP form, if Miami is fully healthy next year etc etc.
    The other stars he has chosen to pair with in the Cavs though they are young they are injury prone and he has begun to physically decline already.

20. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

The East is so weak. If the Rockets advance they would have no problems with the Cavs.

The West will get even stronger with Okafor/Towns! This makes me cringe just thinking about going against AD/Okafor/Towns. Also don't forget our division all made playoffs which is unbelievable. Imagine if LeBron played in the West he wouldn't be as glorified. He would never sign with a West team knowing this will ruin his chances.

They should do what MLB did to the Astros and put us in the East as well. We would be automatic #1-#2 seed and we would probably be able to top that 67 win season GSW just had.