1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Williams is a sorry ass point guard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pass 1st shoot 2nd, May 3, 2000.

1. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

He shoots like crap, makes way too many absolutely moronic decisions, and STILL gets NBA hoopla. If he missed one more shot or made one more stupid pass a game, he's be in the CBA by now.

Maybe he'll mature as a player, but Tony Delk has a starting job if he doesn't.

------------------
    Wanna play in the clutchcity.net game? Got some ideas? E-mail me at philip_w_moore_jr@hotmail.com and I'll send a batch e-mail with details as they develop.

2. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Pass 1st:
    JW is a streaky shooter. He has made alot of ill-advised 3's this year. But her creates many open shots for his teammates.

Tony Delk has looked nice the last couple of games, but JW has been there for the entire year.

He brings excitement to the game, he helped develop C-Webbs game by giving him alot of scoring opportunites, and he along w/ C-webb have made Kings games an event in Sacramento.

Honestly I love his game. He plays hard and brings excitement into the game. He does take foolosh shots and makes foolish passes, but if you are talking about foolish shots our Rockets took a ton of them, and JW did have a slightly better TO/AST ratio than Stevie (at least the last time I checked, it may have swayed back the other way in the last week of the season).

------------------

3. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He had 2 assists, how is that helping his teammates get shots? I think you meant to say that Webber was doing that - he had 8.

------------------
    rimbaud post-a-thon 2000

4. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Rim-
    He's had a bad couple of games, and in fact a bad series. However in the regular season he averaged 7.4 assists/game. If we gauged everything by a couple games performances we would have cut Francis in the preseason with all of his TOs and shot Dream after his breathing problems.

Webber is playing well in the series though, he is leading the Kings in points and assists.

------------------

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yea, JW has been there playing like ass all year. Delk could do the exact same job, probably with less mistakes, minus the flashiness. That is the only reason the NBA rides his jock...flashiness. He'll fade into the background if he doesn't improve his game.

------------------
    We're going to miss you Chuck! Thanks for all the memories!

6. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

Williams has not "developed" C-Webb's game. If anything, it's the other way around.

Webb was an oustanding player way before Jason came into this league.

He is exciting at times but he is not what NBC would like to have us believe. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dogging him. That comment about him helping Webb's game came up last year, too. Someone tried to convince us that Williams was the reason The Kings were successful last season. I disagreed and felt that Webb and Maxwell were the real reasons.

Steve will steal his spotlight next year, deservedly so. He has the complete package. And if he does get ROY, then expect us to get a lot of attention from the Networks.

------------------
    RocketFuel is taking the summer off!