1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola: There is only Houston Rockets in my heart now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Sep 5, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Read this article from Titan Sports on tom.com.

I think I like Luis Scola more and more, day by day.............. :D

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Haha damn Pruyen going to overdrive are we? Not only coverage on Yao but now even Luis Scola! Atta boy.

3. n-gauge

n-gauge Member

Luis Scola will bring a certain edge to our team, fire, will, and that Argentine grittyness that our team needs.(Juwan who???????) We have longed for a player like him for sometime now and like the new season slogan say, :Its Time!!!!! Also throw in that boy SF3 and hopefully a inspired and healthy Bonzi.......Soon our new slogan will be ITS OVER!!!!!

GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!07/08 CHAMPS.......WE HOPE!!

4. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Sounds like Scola is a ROF.

5. n-gauge

n-gauge Member

Let me also add in that we NEED T-MAC & YAO to be healthy......lets hope we get to see this team with play TOGETHER for at least 70 and so we can enjoy this ride!!!!

6. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

Good read, thanks Pryuen.

7. pickymen

pickymen Contributing Member

Good read. Thanks pryuen.

8. TheDream34

TheDream34 Member

This guy reminds me more of Yao with his hardwork and humble personality. He should mesh in well with Yao and McGrady.

9. devin23

devin23 Member

Man, scola's work ethic remind you of yao or what.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Scola says all the right things. I think it's just a matter of how long it takes to adjust to the officiating and athleticism in the NBA.

We have so many question marks on the team that I'm tired of waiting for the season to start.

11. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Says all the right things, brings the right attitude. Scola is starting to win over alot of fans, me included.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Very nice read, pryuen. Good find! :cool:

(if I say anything else complimentary about Scola, I'm afraid I'll feel like a fan boy. trust me, I'm too old for that! besides... I use air conditioning. ;) )

#12 Deckard, Sep 5, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

spanish translated to english translated to chinese translated back to english = lol purple monkey dishwasher

14. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Pryuen, you are the man of action. I mean non stop coverage of what's up out there that will thrill us all to read on this forum. I salute you Bro!! :cool:

15. FFz

FFz Member

how do u know it wasn't just chinese to english? Scola might have some hidden mandarin talents. :D :D I mean it sounds like the guy is God him/herself according to some people on these boards. Then again according to some posters Rafer is worthless to us even though he played almost entire games of a very close 7 game series. There is no doubt in my mind that if we had a better backup PG then Rafer would have had fresher legs and made more jumpers. Anyway thats my attempt at thread derailment.

Back to the article... Scola just says all the right things. I really think he'll be an instant hit with the media and the fans. I wouldn't be surprised if he struggles his first ten or twenty games adjusting to the referees and the faster game, but hopefully people won't lose confidence in him that fast. Luis said it and JVG said it. International ball and NBA are two different games. Enjoy the hype but drink so much of it that you get drowned by it.

16. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

dude rafer misses jumpers early in the season; to start games; to end games; basically he's a brick-house every night.

but yes, if he had played in limted minutes, he would have looked more valuable

17. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

"propaganda slogan: IT'S TIME!!" lol...

18. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

it don't matter what language it is, whether it be mandarin, cantonese, spanish, french, german, greek, or ebonics. if it's written pryuen can translate it.

and he doesn't have to use the psuedo translator babelfish. :D

19. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

If VSpan had this attitude from the start, he would have found the court last year. He's still young though. And he clearly missed home.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

b*stard! How dare he take sides :D

on a side note the one thing that stuck out to me the most in this article is how they call the rockets new motto "propaganda slogan" a funny choice of words I would say though I understand its meant to have that sort of effect