1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CF Smeg Fantasy Footy Draft Room 2015-2016

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member

Alright guys, the league is set up through yahoo at the following address:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/834090

I do need for everyone to make sure they received their invite so they can log into the league, I used the emails that you had on the CBS site we used last year. If you did not receive it, please let me know. Once you get on the site, please make sure all the settings are correct, in particular, the scoring for our league - to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.

The draft order has been sent using FFToolbox draft generator and everyone should have gotten the email, confirming that, here is the draft order:

1 - Moe
    2 - Ziggy
    3 - Rockets34
    4 - Longhorn
    5 - Rook
    6 - Flash
    7 - Pete
    8 - Sam
    9 - PSJ
    10 - Fade
    11 - Smeg
    12 - Jent

Draft Information:

We will be trying something this year, since we are switching to yahoo to see if it will work, so we keep with our tradition of a slow draft. The whole draft will take place on this forum and once completed, I will enter the picks into the yahoo site. This should work, if people really don't want to do it this way and have a better idea (like using Fanstar or another site for the draft) let me know. Otherwise will try doing it this way and hopefully people stay on top of their pick.

Draft start date: Sunday, August 23rd at 12PM CDT

Draft type - Slow draft/Snake draft done through the BBS ONLY (since yahoo does not allow a slow draft, everybody wants to move to using yahoo, but we won't be getting rid of these leagues traditions). So all picks will be made here on this forum only.

Pick time - This is a normal draft with 6 hours set between picks for first 4 rounds, then it will move to four hours.

Starting lineup - QB, RB, WR, TE, K, 3 RB-WR-TE, DE, LB, DB, 2 DP

Draft Timer - We will use the BBS post times, once the time has expired, if a pick is not made, the next person is free to make their pick and that person is off the board - pick missed can be made at anytime. For example, if a person makes a pick at 10AM, in round 2, at 4PM if they haven't made their pick, the next person is now on the clock and can make their pick.

Draft Board - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TEKQJRZaH8TtCUHG2juHKHUGyQqzbx-pV5XGjETE7Kc/pubhtml# This board will be updated several times throughout the day (will give others the link so they can be sure it is updated), it will have one tab for the draft and one tab for players picked by position, so you can see. You need to check the board/BBS forum to ensure you do not pick someone that has already been selected.

Posting Pick: When you list your pick, please put the following information: players full name (no nick name), player position, player team - then post who is on the clock next.

Any questions / concerns, let me know.

2. Rocketball

We will start this draft today at 12PM CDT. Hopefully this works, with not too many hiccups - either way we should have some fun....

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I will take Adrian Peterson RB Minnesota Vikings. May he treat opposing defenses like his own children.

4. Rocketball

The draft has started, first pick already made, there is six hour limit for the first four rounds. When you make your pick, be sure like Moe did, include:

Players Name
    Players Team
    Players Position

If you can, say who the next person is that is up.......

Reminder: Everything will be recorded on - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TEKQJRZaH8TtCUHG2juHKHUGyQqzbx-pV5XGjETE7Kc/pubhtml#. There are two tabs, one for the round by round picks and another to see who has been picked by each position - remember also, the last few picks made on BBS may not be on there - it will be updated several times a day though.

Ziggy your up.......

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Nice job with the organization, rook. Hopefully it will all go smoothly.

6. Rocketball

I need to give you access to spreadsheet, or I guess I could let everyone - if they want to enter their pick - but not sure how I do that.

I believe I shared the file with you.......

#6 Rocketball, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

rook, I don't have access to enter the pick on the Google Doc.

8. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I think you need to approve access from my google account. Requested.

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm at the astros game. I'll check in after.

10. Rocketball

Great start to draft.... Second pick and time is about set to expire... Hate to say it but Rockets34 you are on the clock in 10 minutes....

Now I get to listen to Ziggy get pissed, while trying his best to convince us he has a life...

#10 Rocketball, Aug 23, 2015
  11. LonghornFan

Ziggy skipped. I believe his shift at Freebirds ends at 7.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He was trying to draft later than #2... so.......

[​IMG]

13. PhiSlammaJamma

In breaking fantasy news, Adrian Peterson just grounded his children... so that the electricity would not hurt as much during punishment.

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

is there anyway on the yahoo league page to see the player scoring from last, or default rankings/pts based on our scoring settings?

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Strip him of his first 5 picks.

16. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

damn great start to the draft and we haven't even got to Jent yet ;)

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man I have no clue what's going on? Why didn't I get an email about my pick being up? Nobody said **** about the draft starting. Jesus. When time Moes' time lapsed and I had his pick but waited patiently like a ****ing hero. But y'all aren't heroes, y'all are bunch of Freebird mother****ers.

Give me Eddie Lacy, RB, Greenbay Packers, Alabama, SEC,SEC,SEC. If he's gone give me someone else, like Charles - whatever player has the most shirtless pics on the web.

Also my Vette was stolen this week and I just got it back this weekend so I've been busy (powerlulz on me, right?). What kind of sick **** steals a 30 year old car and thinks they can just drive it around town.

I hate everyone.

#17 Ziggy, Aug 23, 2015
  18. LonghornFan

Oh, I guess his shift ended at 9. My bad.

Way to early to draft your mom. I'll wait.

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I'll take Charles.

20. Rocketball

Ziggy, blame your shift supervisor LHFan, we told him to tell you to take 5 and make your pick........... What a......................