1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign Brock Osweiler

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 9, 2016.

?

Do you like the Brock Osweiler signing?

1. YES

68.7%
  2. NO

10.0%
  3. I abstain, courteously

21.3%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Other local guys have said the opposite. It's impossible to know who to believe.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Meh, like another poster said, all of this is just noise now. None of this will matter when they put the helmets on, and start playing on Sundays.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

U guys must be getting nervous about what u are going to actually get, countdown is on, without Watt, it's on Brock.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And without Duane maybe...

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hope to God this guy is good.

He gets no respect nationally.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well he did before signing with the Texans.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hopefully they're just hating.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Elway: I was surprised Osweiler got bent out of shape over benching

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

First off, Elway's rapidly approaching the stalker phase of the breakup.

Second, this is the most bizarre logic I've ever heard. Elway acknowledges that Osweiler was playing fine in the game he got benched, and somehow that's supposed to make this more acceptable?

Newsflash, John: If you bench a player when he's playing well, it's typically going to make the player upset. At least if you bench a player who's underperformed, he can point to something he was doing wrong and try to correct it.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not only bench a player that wasn't, by Elway's account, playing poorly...but to also not give him an opportunity to see the field again.

Can't wait to see how Denver does this season. Kubiak is going to have to coach and Wade's defenses ALWAYS regress after his first season. Lets see how quickly broncos fan turns on the staff...especially if Butt Fumble is starting games for them.

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

While I think it is likely they will struggle, and I know all to well how Wade's defense does the 2nd year around.. I would rather shut everyone up by Brock playing lights out. Make the media explain it, make Elway explain it, and just watch everyone turn the tides. That to me would be the best satisfaction.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

geez man elway sure does have a stick up his butt about brock. still trying to spin the "brock chased money" narrative. i can understand broncos fans being upset about that, but the GM? man i hope brock does well just to shut his bitter ass up.

13. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Osweiller is living in Elway's head rent free. Elays needs to learn to be a little more diplomatic with his responses.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Elway should learn from Brock and move on. It's sad an pathetic otherwise.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

In all fairness to Elway, I'm sure he's being asked about Brock continuously. I doubt he just brings up Osweiler randomly in press conferences and interviews.

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does anyone else find it strange that apparently Elway believes Brock was upset about the benching and that was part of the reason why he decided to leave Denver...and yet has not reached out to talk to Brock personally at all? Not even to just clarify the real reasons?

"Well, I haven't actually talked to him about any of this, but let me just throw a bunch of blind speculation to the media that paints my former player in a somewhat unfavorable light. Because I'm the GM of a professional football team with 53 players on it and I'm sure that's the kind of behavior they would all appreciate in their boss."

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brock Osweiler: &quot;what kind of competitor wouldn't want to play in that situation?&quot; regarding Elway's comments</p>&mdash; Mike Meltser (@MikeMeltser) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeMeltser/status/762683450633523200">August 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

So what Elway is telling me is that a player who played football all their life and is in the NFL and is actually on the field playing AND is doing an ok job isn't supposed to be upset that they got benched and never saw the field again?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's coming down to a question of if Elway is just a doofus or if he's simply that much of a prick. There's no way he'd have been fine being benched for an inferior QB while performing well and especially after stepping up and saving the season for a team. Why the hell would he think any other QB would be fine with it?

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Tier 1
    T-1. Tom Brady
    T-1. Aaron Rodgers
    3. Ben Roethlisberger

Tier 2
    4. Cam Newton
    5. Drew Brees
    6. Russell Wilson
    7. Andrew Luck
    8. Philip Rivers
    9. Eli Manning
    10. Carson Palmer
    11. Tony Romo
    12. Joe Flacco
    13. Matt Ryan
    14. Matthew Stafford
    15. Andy Dalton

Tier 3
    16. Derek Carr
    17. Jameis Winston
    18. Alex Smith
    19. Marcus Mariota
    20. Kirk Cousins
    21. Jay Cutler
    22. Blake Bortles
    23. Teddy Bridgewater
    24. Ryan Tannehill
    25. Ryan Fitzpatrick
    26. Tyrod Taylor
    27. Brock Osweiler
    28. Sam Bradford

Tier 4
    29. Colin Kaepernick
    30. Blaine Gabbert
    31. Mark Sanchez
    32. Robert Griffin III
    33. Case Keenum

http://insider.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/17235940/2016-nfl-qb-tier-rankings-new-england-patriots-tom-brady-green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger