1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you satisfied with the offseason moves so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 6, 2015.

?

Are you satisfied with the Rockets offseason moves so far?

1. Very satisfied

32 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Somewhat satisfied

158 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. Somewhat unsatisfied

148 vote(s)
    40.8%
  4. Fire Murray!

25 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Poll coming up. I just want to gauge the population's temperature.

I wish the team landed Aldridge and Llull, but that's outside the team's control. I am otherwise OK with what's done so far in terms of locking down two guys to decent contracts. Also, the team still has young players, draft picks and non-guaranteed deals with which to make a trade if one is available.

2. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I think it has been pretty good. We got to the WCF, and have kept most of our guys together from that squad, drafted some very good talent and are being patient. Since Morey has been here we have always been making big move after big move to move in the right direction. We are there now, just need some health and minor tweaks to the roster. Its boring now but it won't be in May and June next year and thats what really matters.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Bre and Bevs contracts are bargains. Happy about that. I just hate being patient waiting on a PG to become available via trade. Knowing Morey we will be waiting until the trade deadline.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

unsatified. still need a pg and not even a whiff on josh smith. they've been really quiet. hope they at least come out this week and let the fans know what they're gonna do

5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I put somewhat satisfied. I'm glad we got Bev and Brewer back on great contracts, but I won't feel fully satisfied until we trade for a PG and I'm hoping that happens before the season starts.

6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Yes, love the additions of Patrick Beverly and Donatas Motiejunas... Rockets 2016 nba champions!!!

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Somewhat unsatisfied. As it stands we will probably be about as good as we were last season (losing Smith will hurt but if Howard/DMo/Jones are all healthy it shouldn't be too bad).

Last season wasn't good enough though, we need to add some pieces. Summer isn't over yet though.

8. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

I'm satisfied thus far bringing back pieces we know can contribute to this team and also maintaining a core of guys for the first time in years. Chemistry is very valuable - i.e. Miami after year 1 of get together and GS first couple years together..

I think theirs more moves ahead but the big one won't come until the season begins before the deadline

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wanted Bev/Smoove/Brewer back originally, and Bev's contract ended up being a steal, and Brewer's ended up being nice value. Still hope we bring Smoove back.

The lack of a PG upgrade/addition in any way is frustrating, but still a lot of offseason left for that to be fixed.

11. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm satisfied that management is being patient if the right move isn't immediately there. We haven't overpaid for anyone like so many other teams this year. We got two crucial role players back for below-market value, which also makes them valuable trade chips if a third piece to the Harden-Howard puzzle comes along. Not to mention we added two solid rookies to cheap deals who could contribute in the next couple of years.

We also still maintain our flexibility for the REAL prize of Kevin Durant next summer.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I won't vote in the poll because it isn't public, but I'll give my opinion here. Not very satisfied.

13. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Somewhat Satisfied. Glad we got back Bev n Brew on cheap deals. D-Mo coming back next year is like gaining another core player. I hope we can get Josh Smith back for a good deal and pickup Shooters / back up PG.

Not to excited with the Dekker selection but I've been wrong b4.

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm okay so far with what has happened. Really glad Brew and Bev are back. Still really really needing another playmaker/scorer. We shall see

15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Deck, what would have like to see done different? Genuinely curious....

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Carl - even you yourself said in another thread its way too early to judge and then you turn around and ask for a poll? What relevance will it have at this point other than to just expose the needy fans who want their new 2k toy and want it now.

Are fans satisfied??? When are fans ever satisfied? The Rockets could have won the title and fan would still want to trade Jones, and sign another PG their friends have heard of.

I'm a fan as well and of course I'd like better players, but I have no problem thus far with what Morey has done given the situation. It's best to not overreact and go drunk FA spending like Cuban did a couple years ago after they lost out in free agency. They got lucky as hell that they were able to get out of the Devin Harris contract.

17. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I also would love to bring back KJ McDaniels. I would give him a chance over Dekker etc. Next in line.

I don't care for Jones, Prig, Dorsey, Johnson, Papa. :cool:

18. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Resign Smith and trade Jones, Papa, Prigs for a starting PG then the off season will be successful.

KJ would be great but honestly with Ariza, Brewer, and maybe Dekker I don't see a chance for minutes.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

IMO
    Bev = underpaid
    Brewer = overpaid
    But it is too early to tell if the position groups are improved from last year. Not satisfied but not panicking.

20. malakas

malakas Member

yup. so far very satisfied. In the next 5 days it may change.